Truth Untold

Regulus Black had detested the muggle items when he was growing up, mainly he detested the fact that they fascinated him so much

Regulus Black had detested the muggle items when he was growing up, mainly he detested the fact that they fascinated him so much. Cigarettes were an item that was introduced to him pretty early by both his brother and few housemates during Slytherin post-match house parties. He liked the familiar smell that the smoke left and the burning feeling left in his throat. The youngest Black however didn't like how his fiancee looked at him when he smoked, because instead of him she saw, Sirius joking around with his flirty jokes towards his Evans girls. Regulus knew she it reminded her of her brother James, the one that she grew to love in the year spent living with him in his early stages of marriage to her one loving sister Lily. 

That fact didn't stop him from lighting up a smoke on his balcony on the late Saturday night, his fiancee lay few feet away on the bed wrapped in his sheets where they had spent many happy nights together before. Elle was laying down soaking in the calm summer night, free from the harsh reality that was around to make its way into their lives. An owl, snowy in colour landed on the rail of the balcony where Regulus stood and hooted at him with his leg out. A letter with crisp writing spelling out Lobelia Noelle Evans was presented on the front. The young male didn't waste time untying the letter but the owl also didn't waste time pecking his hand sharply before flapping away into the night.

"Love, you have a letter but I don't recognise the handwriting it must not be from Louie" 

"Who else could it be? Maria and Michael are downstairs, and we don't have any wizarding friends here- what if it's Lily or James?" Elle speaks hastily and bounds over to Reg with excitement of the idea that this was the letter. Maybe she could be able to go see her sister again, and of course baby Harry- she might interest James in a small hug for not seeing him for four years who knows. Oh how she also missed the three boys that encapsulated her sister's life as well, sweet Remus, rebellious Sirius and little Peter. But her heart stopped at the contents of the letter although and her expression darkened to an almost feral look that Regulus had never seen before. 

Dear Lobelia Evans,

I don't know if you will get this letter, no one has heard from you in years and well frankly nobody knows where you are either considering only Lily and James knew your location for your safety. Over the last few years I have tried to send letters but they were all returned when they couldn't find you, truly I hope this one doesn't as I'm greatly concerned about Harry's wellbeing. 

As you know after James and Lily's passing, almost three years I think? Yes, Halloween is few months away now, how had it been so long? They left Harry in yours and Black's hands rightfully as godparents but as neither of you were able to claim the roles- as you were nowhere to be found and Black turned out to be what everyone believed. Harry was given to your sister Petunia Dursley and her husband. This would have been fine if Petunia didn't seem to be anything less than a vile wizard hating sod who has seemed to personally take out her long held grudge against Lily and James on Harry. 

You see over the last three years I have tried to visit him many times but every time I was turned away with insults and wishes of never returning but this is the least concerning part. The part that makes me keep coming back is the yelling and insult she gives to me is also in turn given to poor baby Harry. Who treats a four year old like a slave and yells at them constantly for no good reason? I have tried contacting others about the issue but they either do not believe me or choose to ignore it. This is why I find myself again turning to you in hopes that this letter will get to you because Elle, you are the best chance of saving Harry from those horrid people. 

I living in a small apartment in west london and have left my address attached  in the hopes that you will get my letter and could reply to me with any word even just to say that you are alive and well perhaps? I hope you are well and share my concerns.

Yours sincerely, 

Remus John Lupin 

The young Evans woman didn't bother finding words instead just handing the letter to her love as she grabbed her wand wildly waving it around making objects fly everywhere as they all try to fit into an large trunk with an undetected-expandable charm on which had been a gift from Louie for their future travels. Regulus didn't stop his fiancee instead leaving the room to speak to Maria and Michael about the quickest travel options and obviously to inform them of the reason for the sudden departure. 

"I'm going to my house to pack and explain to Louie, come over when you finish speaking with Mama and Papa okay?" Lobelia quickly requested as she levitated the heavy trunk down the stairs. They shared sadden looks, but the fury behind their eyes was unspoken and mutual feeling between them. Regulus hastily brought Elle in close connecting their lips softly enough to calm them and bring desperate comfort to the pair.  

They weren't stupid enough to know that their current actions wouldn't have large impacts on their lives to come. Regulus would have to face the world again as an ex-deatheater and last remaining member of the noble house of Black. But he decided that it would be worth it if baby Harry wasn't struck in a abusive home like the one he grew up in. One that terrified and manipulated him into actions that he never forgave himself for. Regulus also couldn't lie and say part of him wasn't doing this for Sirius, by his brief mention in the letter and cold use of their last name Reg could tell his brother was in deep trouble.

Lobelia Evans had to face the facts that her once lovely but strange sister was abusing their nephew in some sort of twisted payback for the horrible relationship between her and the Potters. The Potters who she thought about an a regular basis and wished despitely over the years to be able to see or just hear from have be revealed to be dead. She had just been told that her sister and brother have been dead for three years and she had been living a carefree life away from the war that had taken their lives.

Louie, her grandfather for all intents and purposes knew something terrible had happened when his granddaughter had collapsed in a heap of sobs shortly after entering their home. Elle violently shook as she was collected into the old man's arms and rocked in an attempt to comfort her but the news of her family being dead hit hard. "Let it all out child, you will feel better soon enough, just let it all out" Louie's calm even toned voice always made Elle feel as if telling her grandfather all her problems they will be solved. But this couldn't be solved or helped, the dead were dead, nothing could change that.