Wattpad Original
Te quedan 4 partes más de forma gratuita

8 ✽ His Appearance

🌸

"My lady," Da-hee gasped. "What was all that about? Who is this lord that he was saying earlier?"

Manoeuvring through the market crowd, Eun-bi couldn't wipe the grin off her face as they made their way home. "Nobody, really. He's just my route to my retirement plans."

Da-hee raised one brow at her. "I'm not getting you."

"It's nothing, this matter is too complicated for your small, delicate brain anyway."

"Well," her maid lifted her chin challengingly. "At least I'm born with a small face."

"Fine, I'll give you that. Now, hush. You're putting too much effort into talking instead of walking. Come on, hasten your pace."

"Who was the one who started it?!"

Laughing, Eun-bi tugged on Da-hee's hands and threw a few glances behind them to ensure that they were no longer being followed. Whoever that boy was earlier, he was being rather persistent and it was kind of hard to shrug him off their tails.

"I hope that you won't get into trouble for angering a young master from another household," Da-hee mumbled with a sigh. "Mistress is restless enough. Adding more troubles to her shoulders would make her mood swings worse."

Eun-bi brought her palm to her face, shaking her head at the dreary thought. "This is why you aren't telling my mother anything if she asks, you hear me? We're keeping this a secret between the both of us."

"You know I can't lie when I'm nervous, especially in front of her."

"Well..." Eun-bi drawled. "You better pick up on your acting skills. It might come in handy one day like, let's say, when your lover is having an affair and you'll have to start snooping about without him finding out."

Da-hee stopped in her tracks, their interlocked hands made Eun-bi skid to a stop.

With her nostrils flared and her face heated in annoyance, Da-hee retorted. "He's not like that!"

"I'm just saying it might happen..." The grin on Eun-bi's face dropped at the sight of her maid's murderous expression. "...or maybe not."

"Stop jinxing my love life!"

"Fine, fine..." She swung their interlaced hands between them, trying to ease the tension. While doing so, she couldn't suppress the smile on her face, knowing that Da-hee hadn't realised she had accidentally loosened her tongue.

"So... What is the name of our lover-boy?"

In return, she was warmly greeted with another death glare.

When they returned back to the Hwang manor, Eun-bi was delighted to find a letter from Yoo-jung who had asked a maid to have it delivered from the palace to their home. The sight of the familiar handwriting augmented her excitement and she hopped onto her bed to read it.

To the world's cheekiest and loveliest sister,

It has only been a few days since we last saw each other but I'm already missing you so much. I'm aware of how worried you are about my wellbeing, but please rest assured that I've settled well into the palace. It is truly a beautiful place.

I've also discovered the little treat you had hidden away in my baggage thank you for that. I'll eat the sweets whenever I think of home.

In the meantime, promise me that you won't cause too much trouble for Father and Mother. I'll be back home soon.

– Yoo-jung