twenty~three!...

***

....(flashback)

"I'm sorry,"

"What do you mean by that?" She sobbed. "You said that you needed space and I gave you that, thinking that you will get yourself together and come back so we can be together again, what's wrong? What's wrong so we can fix it?

Then he said, "I can't be in this relationship anymore. There I no problem really, I just can't be with someone I don't love Clara."

"After everything I went through for you, you decide you can just end things?" Clara yelled. "Why are you doing this now? Why have you decided to ruin my life for goodness sake out told me that night that-"

"We made a mistake!!!" He yelled, interrupting her and she flinched before before breaking down all over again. "Can't you get it? I'm not in love with you, I never was. I was just blinded by my own foolishness, I'm still in love with her." He told her.

"Since when did you realize this? Since when, did I begin to lose you?"

"It doesn't matter. If we hadn't done what we did that night, I would still have the guts to look at her without remembering how much I betrayed her trust Clara and you, you would have been married with Daniel. It's all you fault!"

"How is it my fault-?"

"All of it is your fault!!!" He blurted out in anger. "I want to live my life the way it was before we slept together Clara. I regret being with you that night! I miss her a lot and I won't stay a moment anymore without her. So that's it Clara, we are done! And I mean it, we are done for good!"

"What happened that night wasn't a mistake! I love you, God, I love you, I love you, I love you! You were the one that asked me to abandon my whole life for you, you said you did love me so what changed? I held you by your words and this is how you ruin my life? I had everything but threw it all away because of you, and now you decide that I'm not the one for you?" She grabbed unto his shirt and he reacted immediately.

"Let go of me!" He loosened her grip and sent her to the ground with a push that was made to be slight but her legs were already wobbly and so she fell with a thud.

She didn't bothered standing up anymore. She couldn't look at him with her blurry vision. She was sobbing furiously and her heart ached like never before.

"I will not say it again Clara, so I want you to listen good. I need you to stay away from me for good. Don't come close to me, don't even try to look for me because we are over for good."

She held his boot once more preventing him from leaving and he stopped.

"What did she do to make you love her so much? Let me do the same. I love you please don't go, don't leave me." Her voice hoarse from crying already.

"Believe me Clara, even if you did the same, it'll be different that's because you'll never be her. We were a mistake and that is what we should correct." Her grip slackened at that and fell to the floor and he used that opportunity to walk away.

He left her on his apartment floor crying over what was left of their relationship.

(Ends)

__$

She opened her apartment door using her code. The place, she thought, still smells like him. Sometimes she had wondered why she still loved him after he basically told her that they were never real. They were only a mistake. She flung the keys on her table and walked further into the house. Ever since he broke up with her, she hasn't been able to get clear thoughts without him intruding. She felt ruined.

And today, she acted crazy over her boss's favorite employee and that gave her a suspension from work. Not for good but long enough to get her head straight and come back to work like before.

She started painting again, his pink lips, Raven black hair, his eyes.... that was what she was addicted to, those pretty eyes.

__$

"Are we there yet?" Clarissa asked for the nth time and he just chuckled.

"Relax, we'll be there in 3.......and there!" He exclaimed and she chuckled anticipating the removal of the blindfolds.

When he removed it, she gasped.

"Wow!"

"Do you like it?" Daniel asked.

"I love it," She told him, giving him a hug.

"Why would you buy a mansion when we are just going to stay here for a week?"

"Oh you hurt my feelings when you complain about the things I do for you." She stifled a laugh at his dramatic gesture and he chuckled. "You like it and it is all that matters, we don't need to spend a year in it. Besides, when I'm done with my meetings maybe we can spend another week or two?"

"Oh Daniel," she hugged him tightly again. When her eyes shut open, she caught Becky wink at her. "Thank you a lot."

"You're welcome,"

"I can't wait to see the inside!" Clarissa squealed before walking in. Daniel turned to the lady behind them.

"I'm sorry Becky, you must be feeling too alone at the moment."

"It's no problem sir, I can handle myself. I'll just take some time off if that's okay with you."

"Really? That's what I was going to say. I heard Jokers is a really nice place to hang out if you know what I mean," he winked at her.

"Sure, I will check it out." Becky said with a smile and Daniel nodded before entering into the house too.

__$

"Three days, I give you three more days to give me what I want else."

"Else what?" Kara's voice sharp with frustration.

"Don't feel you cannot be touched just yet Kara, only I know what you are capable of and the whole world gets to know about it."

"I gave you a large sum of money last time-"

"It wasn't enough!" He interrupted.

"Well that is all your problem, you gambled it all away and here you have the guts asking for more money! You've always been a greedy bastard you know that, you better get your senses in check. Like you said, you know what I'm capable of and I can rid of you whenever I want." She retorted.

"But you haven't," Jack continued. "Do you want to know why? I'll answer it for you, it's because I hold the cards now. One wrong move and everyone gets to know how you would go through extreme means for your son's happiness. I only wonder what people would think."

"Stay far from me Roberto. I told you, never to call me again!"

"I would watch my back if I were you, It's not a threat, it's a warning," his laughter was far from humour. He was sick that was for sure and there was no cure for his ailment.

"Remember, just three days." With that he hung up.

What was she going to do now?Everything came turning back to her in a way she didn't expect.

___

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

N.G