Chapter 6

(Y/n).
I pace the halls angrily. What the hell was taking so long? I want to know what's going on now. Not a hundred years later. Memories kept flashing through my mind. A shiver runs down my back. And I need to take a minute to just calm down. A doctor finally comes out of the room. I cross my arms and stand up straight. "How is she," I asked? "She's fine. Just a few scratches and a few sore spots. There are some side effects that I will write out for you." I nod my head. "Katelyn," I asked? The doctor sighs. "She has some cuts. Though the car hit her directly. Breaking her arm, knee, shoulder, and ribs. Which will take weeks to heal. The broken knee will take six to eight weeks alone. The shoulder will take six weeks, six weeks for the ribs, and twelve for the broken arm," he says. I nod my head. "Can I see my daughter now? Or am I going to have to wait some more," I asked? "No. You can see her now. She was sleeping though she might be awake by now." I nod my head. Walking pass him as I bury my hands in my pockets. Emersyn was awake by the time I get there. "Mama," she says softly. I smile at her warmly. Taking in a shaky breath as I look over her. I move closer. "How are you feeling, Emer," I ask? Emersyn smiled at me. "I'm okay." I smile at the girl. Sitting down beside her. I brush her hair back. "I'm glad you're alright. Irene, you worried me," I say. Placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "Is Mommy okay," Emersyn asks? I nod my head. "Yeah. The doctor told me so. Though she has a few cuts," I say. "Mommy has boo-boos? Just like me," Emersyn asks? "Mhmm," I say. It takes a few days for us to see Katelyn. But upon her request, I bring Emersyn. Emersyn had a quick recovery. Being up and about in like two days. "Mommy." Emersyn goes to hop on the bed, but I catch her quickly. "Not so fast, angel." Katelyn gives Emersyn a smile. Blowing her a kiss with her good hand. "Did Eric stop by," I ask? Katelyn nods. "Yeah. He just left. Thanks for bringing her." I shake my head. "No problem. I'll be taking care of you and Emersyn when you're allowed out okay," I say.
Katelyn.
"You don't have to," I say. (Y/n) shrugs. "I'm not taking no for an answer." I nod my head. When I'm let out, (Y/n) brings me home. I close my eyes as I lean against the window. I felt extremely tired while riding here. It was the antibiotics. One of the symptoms for the pain killers were fatigue. So I wasn't really worried. The car stopped. And I opened my eyes. I sigh softly. (Y/n) helped me out, putting me in the wheelchair. I wasn't allowed to put pressure on my ribs. I whisper a small thanks to her. But she only shakes her head. "Living room alright," she asks? I nod my head. "Yeah. I don't mind," I say. (Y/n) nods her head. Emersyn skips beside us. In a world of her own. I hand (Y/n) my keys so she can unlock the door. "You don't have to stay the whole day. My dad is coming over later. You can go to the company," I say. (Y/n) rolled her eyes. "I'll stay until he shows up then. I don't have any clients until later." I nod my head. Knowing she wasn't going to go anywhere if she didn't want to. (Y/n) has always been stubborn. It was one of the things that I hated and loved about her the most. She had a lot of pride. But she did have a lot to be proud of. I just wish I was one of the things she was proud about. (Y/n) helps me sit on the couch. I sigh softly. Leaning back against the soft cushions. Emersyn comes up over to (Y/n). A bright smile on her face. "If you need anything just call for me," (Y/n) says. I nod. Waving her off. "I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself," I teased. (Y/n) laughs. Going off with Emersyn. 
(Y/n).
Eric comes when I'm about to leave. Our eyes meet as tension filled the air. "Eric," I greet. Setting my baby on my hip. Eric never liked me. From the moment Katelyn and I started dating years ago. I was ambitious and rebellious. Not afraid to do anything to accomplish my dreams. And I'm still not afraid to. I look at Katelyn. "My mom wants to see Emersyn soon. Fine if I take her one of these days," I asked? "You're going to take her child when she's been hurt." I roll my eyes. "I was asking the mother of my child. Not you, Eric," I state with a bored tone. "Enough both of you. I don't mind (Y/n). Emersyn needs to get out anyway," Katelyn says. I nod my head. Kissing Emersyn's cheek. I tell her in sign language that I have to go and that I'll be back tomorrow to bring her to school. She smiles and nods. Kissing my cheek also. I set the girl down and say my goodbyes. Before heading out. I call my secretary and tell him to set my next meeting up.
Katelyn.
I sigh softly. "Dad you can't go off on (Y/n) anymore. She's my daughter's mother. And she isn't going anywhere," I say. Dad rolls his eyes. "She's nothing good but a bum. She hurt you a lot," Dad says. I roll my eyes. And if I could cross my arms I would. But one of my arms was broken. I turn my head to Emersyn. Signing to her that she could watch TV.

Another one 😏