Chapter 17

?????
"I told you! I told you to make sure no one can find out! Tell me everything! And you didn't," I yelled. Slamming my glass on the table. The glass shatters in my hand. I wipe my hands. Gretel steps back. "I didn't know. I had all the information sent. They must've taken precautions," Gretel shouts! I take one of the knives and throw it at her. "I quit," I say. "Boys. Grab her," she says. I'm grabbed and forced on my knees. I look up at Gretel shock. But a satisfying feeling goes through me as I see blood drip down her leg. Though that feeling goes away when I hear a gun cocked behind my head. My eyes widened. Gretel smirks. She kneels in front of me. Taking the knife out of her thigh. It's traced down my cheek. I let my eyes follow it. "Dear, have you forgotten who the hell you're talking to? Did you forget that I owe you? Your life is mine." I go to move my hands. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I stop. Staring at her. "What do you want Gretel," I ask? Gretel gives me an evil smile. "You're going to continue your job. Until I have enough information to get (Y/n) back. And we aren't going to have any more problems. Understand dear," Gretel asks? I don't speak for a minute. I just stare at her. "What do you even want with (Y/n)," I ask? Gretel laughs and stands up. "Why that's none of your business." "You're going to beat her again huh? That's all you want to do. She's much more powerful now. You don't think people wouldn't look for her. That girl will look until it practically kills her," I state. "Don't worry about things that you don't need to child. Now, do you understand? Or I could always just go ahead and beat on you," she says. A shiver goes down my back. I had my fair share of beatings. They aren't anything to play with. "I understand," I mumbled reluctantly. Gretel smiles. "Good. Boys let her go." I'm let go. And the gun is put back. I stand up. Going out of the room. If Gretel thinks I'm working with her after this, then she has gone mad. There's no way I'm going to work with her anymore. But I do know who I do want to with. Hopefully, she wants to work with me.
Katelyn.
I step out of my car. Seeing Dad on my front porch. I grow tense. But shut the door anyway. I go to my porch and cross my arms. "What are you doing here? I assume you aren't here to apologize," I say. Checking my watch. I didn't have time for this. "I need to talk to you, Katelyn. The night we got into a fight, a girl was at my house. She has ties to (Y/n)." I look at him shocked. Was it her? How did she know where my dad lived? How did she know who he was? "What did she say," I ask? "She wanted my help to get (Y/n) away from you and Emersyn. And... I told her yes." "You did what?! Why would you do that," I cried?! "Katelyn, I was only trying to protect you!" "Protect me?! You have no idea how (Y/n) is! You don't even know what she has been through! You don't need to protect me from anything! I'm capable of protecting myself," I shot back! Dad crossed his arms. "But she hurt you! And I'm sure the car crash was her fault!" "How was it her fault, Dad?! She was at her house! Talking on the phone to my daughter! (Y/n) does nothing but love me!" "Why are you so blind?! She's only leading you on, Katelyn!" "Because I love her!" My heart was hammering in my chest. Dad scoffs, but I roll my eyes. Turning away from him. I go to my car. I have to tell (Y/n) what just happened. She's closer than we thought. I unlock my door. Getting my car. I start the drive. Counting the turns on my way there. I rush inside the building. Going to the desk. The girl smiles. I can't remember her name right now. But that doesn't matter. "Hi. I need to speak with (Y/n). It's an urgent family matter that needs to be discussed in person," I lie. The girl nods. "Okay. Top floor. I'll let her know that you're coming on up," she says. I nod my head. Going on up. (Y/n) was waiting for me. She looked at me confused; standing up. "What's the matter, Kate?" I shut the door before speaking about what just happened with my father. (Y/n)'s darkened. "Fuck," she mutters. "What are you thinking," I ask? Taking her hand. (Y/n) doesn't speak for a second. And I worry she was thinking about being back in that house. "(Y/n)," I whisper. (Y/n) looks down at our joined hands. "I don't know Kate. I ran away the last time. How do I stop them head-on? I only told you a scrap of what was done to me. Who's to say that it's not going to happen again," (Y/n) asks? She looks up and her eyes are filled with a cold fright. The one that could get my father shaking and curling up in a ball. "We'll think of something (Y/n/n). I promise you. And I'm sure Jess is going to help. The only thing we need to worry about is stopping them and keeping Emersyn safe," I reasoned. (Y/n) shook her head. "No. I'm not letting you get involved with this again. I don't want you to get hurt, Katelyn. I wouldn't be able to live with myself." "You don't have a choice (Y/n). I'm already involved," I point out.
(Y/n).
My office door opens. I look up. Just to see her. "(Y/n)!" "Eliza," Katelyn and I both say.

Sorry for being gone so long!!! I got writer's block! But here's another chapter for you!

Another one😏