Chapter 2-Waking Up

(Y/N) woke up groggily and lifted his hands up to rub his eyes to wake up. Upon realizing his left hand felt weird when it made contact, (Y/N) opened his eyes and looked at his left hand and noticed that it was a wooden prosthetic; more specifically it was his father's old shinobi prosthetic arm.

"No...it can't be..." (Y/N) muttered to himself in shock that he not only lost the duel with Takeru, but was humiliated by the heir to the Ashina throne. Looking around the room, (Y/N) tried to make sense of his surroundings.

"A fancy house it seems, but where exactly am I?" (Y/N) questioned himself as he adjusted his clothes and opened the door out into a large courtyard. The rain was pouring down hard as (Y/N) looked up at the sky before he continued his search for his father and Rem. Before he could get much further in his search, a blue blur crashed into him and hugged him tightly.

"(Y/N)! You're finally awake!" Rem said hugging him tightly before looking at him with her blue eyes. Immediately, (Y/N) hugged her back tightly as she gave him a sad smile.

"I was afraid you weren't going to wake up, but I knew that you were going to eventually." Rem said, bringing a smile to (Y/N)'s face before it disappeared as more pressing matters were still on his mind.

"Rem... where's Otousan and where are we?" the young shinobi questioned, but before Rem could answer him, a voice somewhat resembling Sekiro's answered.

"You're at my house, (Y/N). And to answer your other question, your father is currently in a special room so doctors can treat his injuries." The man answered as (Y/N) looked at him to figure out who he was. The man looked to be roughly the same age as Sekiro with blue samurai armor and a white katana at his side.

"What? Can't remember me? I'm not surprised though; the last time you saw me was when you were three years old." The answered with a soft smile. Rem looked at (Y/N) to see if he finally figured out who he was.

"Wait... uncle Jin?" (Y/N) questioned as the man chuckled and brought (Y/N) into a hug. Jin was a close friend of Sekiro when they were much younger. They met around the time when Sekiro, Kuro, Emma, and Akame were leaving for the West to return the Dragon's Blood, a mysterious power that led to the deaths of thousands in the faraway region of Ashina.

"For a moment, I thought you forgot your own uncle, but I'm glad I was wrong. Now let's have dinner before your aunt Okatsu gets mad" Jin said, leading the two teens into the dining room.

"Ah (Y/N), it's great to see you're finally awake. You've grown a lot since the last time Jin and I saw you." Okatsu said with a smile as she placed the dishes at the table. Both Jin and Okatsu then explained what had happened after (Y/N) slipped unconscious. Jin and his soldiers were on their way to visit Sekiro and the rest of the family after they finished their war with an opposing faction, but upon reaching the house, they went to battle against Muzan and Takeru. Jin was able to drive the two of them away until it was dawn as the demon and self-righteous samurai fled. However, most of Jin's men were killed, but thankfully he stopped them before they got to Rem. Afterward, he transported Sekiro, Rem, and (Y/N) to his manor a two-day walk from the Sekiro family manor. It was also clarified that (Y/N) had been comatose for about two weeks, while Sekiro had yet to wake up.

"Uncle, may I go see Otousan?" (Y/N) questioned as he set down his bowl and looked at the older samurai who nodded at him before taking him to the specialized room. On the way there, the atmosphere had grown tense as Kin had no idea how the young shinobi would react seeing his father like that.

"I'll give you some privacy." Jin said before leaving (Y/N) alone as he knelt down to his father.

"Otousan... I'm sorry for being weak. If I was stronger, I would've been able to take out Takeru and then help you against the demon, but I failed." (Y/N) said sadly holding onto his father's right hand.

"I now understand why you used to resent this prosthetic a lot when you were younger. It reminds you of your failure." (Y/N) said solemnly as he looked at the wooden prosthetic that has now shown its age. At the door to the room, Rem opened the door slightly to peek to see how her childhood friend was doing. She had spent her free time in the last two weeks checking on both her childhood friend and guardian. There were times in those two weeks were Rem was afraid they wouldn't wake up, but she never lost hope.

"I want to avenge you, Otousan. However, I don't want to drag Rem into this. She's lost enough in her life and I don't want to take away her chance at living a normal life by dragging her into my quest for vengeance. I promised her when we were younger that I would protect and I will even if it means that I will have to distance myself from her." (Y/N) said as he got up, while Rem scurried away to the courtyard where Jin and Okatsu were talking about where Emma could be.

'That idiot! He doesn't know how I feel. I want to avenge Otousan as well after he and Okaasan took me in...' Rem thought as she managed to reach the courtyard without running out of breath

"Jin-san! Okatsu-san! Please teach me how to fight!" Rem begged as she bowed to the couple, who were confused

"Wait, Rem, this is coming out of nowhere. Why do you want to learn how to fight all of a sudden?" Okatsu questioned Rem and the half-demon girl explained what she heard (Y/N)say and how she wants to avenge Sekiro as well. Not because she felt obligated to, but because she wanted to avenge both Sekiro and her biological father after they were both attacked by Muzan.

"I guess there's no way to convince you otherwise." Okatsu said with a smirk as Jin sighed as he reached for a wooden katana and handed it to Rem.

"Your first lesson begins... now!" Jin said surprising Rem, who expected him and Okatsu to decline her request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later

(Y/N) was out in a different courtyard practicing his technique with a wooden katana as Jin walked up observing the young shinobi while holding a mirror. After a few more minutes, (Y/N) stopped and Jin took this as his cue to talk to him.

"Your movements are essentially perfect; your father taught you well." Jin said, handing (Y/N) the mirror.

"Thank you, uncle, but what is with the mirror." (Y/N) questioned only for his uncle to point towards his right temple causing the boy to look at the mirror. To his horror, (Y/N) had a patch of grey skin on his right temple and the strands of hair next to his temple are now white.

"What the hell?! What happened to me?!" (Y/N) shouted bringing the mirror closer to his face.

"That is the Dragon's Blood. The very same thing your father and Kuro had before you were born. Some call it a blessing to have such a power, but others call it a curse. It's the only thing that saved you from dying at the hands of Takeru back at your house." Jin answered while taking the mirror back from the shocked shinobi.

'Rem probably thinks I'm ugly now.' (Y/N) thought depressingly.

"Why didn't anyone tell me earlier?" (Y/N) questioned as he rubbed that part of his head.

"I wanted to be the person to tell you as I've seen first hand the effects of the Dragon's Blood." The older samurai responded.

"What do you mean?" (Y/N) looked at the man getting frustrated by his circumstance. First his father was comatosed by a moonwalking demon, then he lost his left arm to a self-righteous samurai, and now he is basically cursed with a mysterious power that he was sure his family got rid of years ago.

"I'll explain everything to you tomorrow morning...also Okatsu and I are training Rem how to fight. She'll join you in your quest." Jin said as he took his leave.

"Alright, that sounds okay... wait what???!!!" (Y/N) shouted, throwing the wooden katana towards Jin's direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter thank you all for reading it!