00. PROLOGUE

00. PROLOGUE

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA

"DOVE È L'UOMO CHE HA UCCISO IL MIO PADRE?" Where's the man that killed my father? Giovanni's voice boomed as he stared at the trembling man in front of him. His eyes narrowed in a deadly glare as he pressed the knife deeper into the man's leg.

A shaky breath escapes the bloodied man, his pale skin littered with slices and burns. "I don't know what you're talking about, man. I don't speak Italian."

A sadistic smirk grows on Giovanni's face, "Only when it suits you." His accent was thick as he spoke deeply. He watched as the man's eyes widen in surprise, "You know exactly what I am saying, don't you?"

The man remained quiet.

Taking that to an advantage, Giovanni takes a step back to watch the man writhe in the chains that kept him stationary.

He begins to pace, slowly, "I know all about you, Lorenzo." At the sound of his name, the man's head peeks up, a flash of fear in his eyes. "You were born and raised in Milan and moved to San Francisco when you were only sixteen. I know where you live, where your girlfriend lives, and I know where the mother of your child lives. If you don't tell me what I need to know, I will be forced to pay them a visit." The boss pauses in his footsteps, putting his hands together over his groin, his head tilted, "You don't want that, do you?"

Lorenzo resists the urge to release a sob as his head falls back in frustration. "Fine! I'll tell you whatever you want ━ just don't touch them. Please."

Giovanni raises a perfectly arched eyebrow as he lowers himself to the velvet lined seat across from the tortured man.

Silence passes between them, the crime boss searching Lorenzo's eyes for any sign of dishonesty.

"I don't know where to find him. He fell off the radar a couple of months ago ━"

Giovanni growls, annoyed by his answer. He stands abruptly and kicks his chair over.

"Non mi servi a niente." You are of no use to me. Giovanni bellowed as the man flinched.

Lorenzo, watching as the man in front of him reached behind him (presumably for a gun), scrambled to get his words out, finally giving an answer that brought a smile to Giovanni's face.

"But I know where his sister lives."

im tewwwww excited for this 😭