02. PRINCESS

02. PRINCESS

MIAMI, FLORIDA

MIAMI, FLORIDA

GIOVANNI STARED AT HIS ARTWORK WITH CONTEMPT. The colors blended together to represent the skyline of New York ━ a mixture of blue and white with hints of orange peeking through behind the buildings depicting the sunset. The last time he painted was two months ago, the day before his father was shot in the head right in front of him. Since then he hadn't even glanced at his room filled with art, his heart shattering each time he even thought about it.

Ever since Giovanni was old enough to hone his skills, his father had encouraged him to do with it whatever he wanted ━ he promised that he would always be there to support him. Looking at it just reminded him that the promise was broken. And all because of one man.

The only reason he was in the room at that moment was to celebrate. He was one step closer to capturing the man that killed his father. A moment passes where his mind wanders to Kellan Reed, the ex-Navy SEAL who went rogue and found it within himself to take out one of the most respected crime bosses.

Rage blinded him and with a roar-like yell, his hand shot forward to create a gaping hole in the canvas. He pays the damage no attention and throws it to the corner of the room, his chest heaving as he panted angrily.

He lowers himself onto his old painting stool, a tattooed hand running through his gelled down hair. Since he'd just gotten back to his Miami house from a business meeting, he was still dressed in a suit sans the blazer. The sleeves of his white button up were rolled to his forearm, revealing the rest of his tattoos on his muscular arm.

Before he can throw himself into another fit of anger, his phone blares its monotonous sound.

"Sì?" He greeted, knowing it was one of his men.

"La ragazza continua a combattere." The girl keeps fighting. The voice belonged to Giovanni's right hand man, Dante Amaro.

The sound of constant shuffling on the other side of the line confirms Dante's statement. Giovanni rises from the stool, "Dove sei?" Where are you?

 Giovanni rises from the stool, "Dove sei?" Where are you?