#DinnerWithTheParents

This is a random idea for a chapter I had so I decided to write it, it's kinda dumb, but I think kinda cute.

Kara POV

"That went well." Zee says as we walk out of my parents home.

"What did you expect my parents can't hate anybody." I remind her.

"You parents are just the sweetest now I question how you became so grouchy." She adds.

I groan annoyed. "I hate attention!" I yell randomly.

"I'll give you less attention then." She says poking my nose.

I realize what she means and quickly clarify. "No give me attention. I meant from my parents they don't leave me alone for a second and it gets annoying." I groan.

"No wonder your a grouch, For me it was always been me and my dad, so we're pretty inseparable." She explains. "I know your gonna love him." She squeals.

I know her fathers acceptance means a lot to her, so I know I have to be on my best behavior for her. He means a lot to her and I know it would break her heart if we didn't get along. Wait what am I thinking!? I'm not prepared I'm not even dressed properly!!! I feel myself starting to panic.

"Um maybe I can have dinner with your father another day?" I ask hoping she's okay with that.

"Kara were already almost there might as well talk to my father." She responds.

"Yeah but.." I start twiddling my thumbs.

Immediately she turns around grabbing my hands. "Your nervous I can tell." She says.

"A little." I admit.

"Kara if I like you then I'm sure he's gonna love you." She assures me.

"I'm sorry it's just this is your dad and I really want his approval." I admit.

"Kara we've been together for 6 months now and my father really wants to have a talk with you." She comments. "Trust me he will love you." She pulls on my hand leading me inside as we arrive at her hotel.

10 minutes later..

I'm sitting next to Zee and her father is sitting in front of me. "So kara what are your hobbies?" He asks.

I think for awhile picking my words carefully. "I um, like to workout and listen to music?" I respond but it's more of a question.

"Hm what kind of music?" He asks.

I remember Zee likes jazz music. "Um jazz?" I respond but of course it comes out as a question.

"Oh my daughter loves jazz." He claps. "Zee I'm liking her so far." I sigh in relief this is a test and so far I feel like I'm acing it.

I feel Zee elbow me and when I look at her she's raising an eyebrow. "What?" I ask.

She just groans and goes to pick at her food. "Zee would you mind going to grab me some water? this lemonade is drying my throat." He explains.

"Of course daddy." She says getting up and heading to the kitchen.

I look back at her father and he has a smirk on his face. I feel the mood suddenly changing. "So kara how much do you care about my daughter?" He asks raising his eyebrow.

"Sir I love your daughter." I assure him.

"And do you respect her?" He asks.

"Of course, I don't touch her where she doesn't let me." I raise my hands in defense. My eyes widen as I realize what I just said.