Ch III- Success? Not Quite

Living with the Avengers was... not as bad as he thought it would be. Tony had given Percy a whole floor to live on, with a flat screen TV in every room, a king sized bed, and his own kitchen - though that was probably a fire hazard with Percy. There was a floor for training with an Olympic sized swimming pool, which Percy visited every day.

Currently, he was sitting at the bottom of the pool - having found out a while ago his powers enabled him to breathe underwater - just enjoying the peaceful silence. The tower was a chaotic place and the water was calming to him. So he was here a lot to just get away from it all for a while.

Agent Jackson? Jarvis's voice was muffled through the water, but Percy still heard. He ignored it though, and closed his eyes again until, Agent Jackson, please come to the 93rd floor for the mission briefing. 

He had only been here a week and there was already a mission? But the AI had a way with making Percy do almost anything.

When Percy arrived on the 93rd, he wiped his face of any and all emotions as his training told him. He walked up to the screen where the rest of the Avengers were huddled. The call on screen displayed the director, in all his eye patch glory, with Agent Hill, his right hand, standing slightly behind him. 

"Glad you could join us Jackson," Fury grumbled. How could a man with only one eye still have the most aggressive glare Percy had ever seen?

"The mission, Sir?" Percy asked, thinking it better to not respond the way he wanted to what the director said.

"Your assignment, Avengers, is to infiltrate a HYDRA base and take back something they stole from us," Hill stated.

"And that something is?" Tony asked.

"The Tesseract."

----------

The din of battle roared in his ears as Percy swerved in between trees on his new bike. The repulsor blasts from Tony disoriented HYDRA agents as he flew by before Thor knocked them out cold with his hammer. Natasha drove a truck as Clint shot arrows out the top of the uncovered roof. Hulk smashed anything that explosions couldn't and then some. Cap speed by everyone while also on a motorcycle, dragging some helpless agent through the snow before tossing them into their comrades. Percy used his powers over water to compact the snow around him into ice before sending the solidified chunks into the opposing agents. 

It was exhilarating to say the least.

Up ahead was a road block. Percy made a ramp using the snow, Cap took a natural one, the flyers did what their name suggests. Hawkeye and Blackwidow jumped from the truck as it slammed into the concrete and Hulk took a giant leap. Probably would have been an awesome side picture what with them lined up and the cool explosion behind them all.

Iron Man detached from the group and flew up towards the base. He slammed into something before yelling, "Shit!"

"Language," Steve said over the coms. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield, came the AI's response. 

"The Tesseract has to be here," Percy pipped up as he knocked a HYDRA agent clean of his feet using his sword. "How else did they make that shield?" 

"Yeah," came Hawkeye's voice, "and I think we lost our element of surprise."

Tony shot down a bunch of agents before asking, "Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said language?" 

"I know," Steve responded. He stood up on his bike and proceeded to do a back flip, sending said bike flying into an enemy truck. "It just slipped out."