Ch XIX - The Fading Obscurity

Meanwhile, on the other side of the battlefield.

"Loki!" came Thor's thundering voice.

Loki turned away from watching the fight. He was quite enjoying watching his boyfriend fail to beat up a girl, and now his imbecilic brother was ruining it.

"Oh, Thor," Loki mocked. "Done brushing all the tangles out of your hair? Or do you need a moment?"

Thor refused to yield to the mockery his brother always resorted to. "Come now, brother, see some sense. You don't need Thanos anymore. You can possess your own fate, your own happiness."

"And what made you infer that I have gone over to his side?" the god queried. "I am on my own side, brother, not Thanos's. I don't need you, or Mother, and I especially don't need Odin."

"Loki, Father is dead!"

The god paused. "What?"

"I didn't get the chance to tell you. Father was killed in battle against Thanos."

Loki didn't say anything. The look on his face said enough.

"Loki please," Thor pleaded. "Come back to us. Mourn our father with me."

Another hesitation.

"This is very ungodly of you, brother." Seems Loki is hiding behind his walls again. "Begging on your hands and knees like this. He was never my father, anyway."

Thor sighed. "Brother please. I don't want to fight you."

"Seems you never do."

Loki flicked his wrists, two golden knives appearing in his hands. Thor sighed one last time, hefting his hammer for the fight that will ensue.

The Trickster advanced quickly. Thor opted to go for the quickest and easiest approach. He summoned some lightning, pointing Mjölnir at his brother. The bolt struck and 'Loki' evaporated into green magic.

"Dam you, brother," Thor mumbled, "and all your cowardly tricks."

"Cowardly?" Loki asked, appearing behind Thor.

The Thunderer swung around, raising his fist, but Loki ducked and brought a knife up. Thor stumbled backward, holding his right flank. He ripped the dagger from his side, not appearing to be very affected by it.

Thor glared at his brother, saying: "You tried that before." He ran full force at Loki, grabbing him by the waist and hefting him over his head. Thor brought him down to the concrete, hard. "It did not work then, either."

Loki gasped for the air that the impact knocked out of him. The blue that had once clouded his eyes spluttered out of existence.

"Thor!" Came Tony's voice over the coms. "We need a little lightning over here. Space whale incoming!"

Thor looked up just in time to see the gaping mouth of a Chitauri Leviathan heading straight for him and Loki. He jumped for his brother, both of them going directly down its throat.

----------

"Chase!" the Captain yelled over the coms. "Move!"

Annabeth didn't think twice. She grabbed Percy's hand and ran straight into the tower lobby. Not even a second later, a big ass space whale dragged itself through the street. If they had stayed where they were, they would have been hit.

"Holy shit," Percy breathed.

"Language."

Percy smiled at the inside joke. They ran out and looked around at the destroyed Park Avenue. The Leviathan was flying in between the buildings, destroying the windows and walls. A sudden lightning bolt struck the alien, and it exploded, falling on top of a shorter building.