Condition

"Hey...Ahokina?"

Ahokina broke off from his phone and looks at Izuku. "Hm?'

"Why are you in the hospital?" Izuku inquired.

Ahokina gave him a confused look and replied, "Cause I'm sick?"

"Oh sorry I said that wrong. I meant isn't it rare for two family members to be hospitalized at the same time?"

"Ah I can answer that." Uraraka spoke up while still concentrating on her meal. "I've been in this hospital for about... 5 years now? He's been in here for only a year."

"Really?" Izuku turned to Ahokina.

Ahokina started to scratch the back of his neck. "Well. Yeah. Kinda got liver failure fer drinkin' too much. Folks got really mad."

Izuku swore in that moment to never drink excessively when he grew up. "Oh.. is that so?"

"Hey Izuku? Why am I getting a feelin' that yer lookin at me with contempt?" Izuku continued to stare. Ahokina cleared his throat and continued, "Anyway, I'll be released by November. Makes it easier on my folks anyway."

"November? That's only a month from now!"

"Well thats what I was told. I'm supposed to get a liver transplant in bout 2 weeks. Then I'll have 2 more weeks to recover."

"Isn't that great?"

Ahokina sighed with defeat. "You'd think so right? But the thing is, our insurance doesn't cover for both of us completely. Our parents are working their butts off just to 'fford our bills. Honestly, I want to be released right now to make the strain on my parents a bit less."

"Wow. How....honerable. Not what I was expecting." Uraraka sarcastically remarked.

"Hey sis. Why do I get the feelin your disrespecting me? I'm older than ya by three years!"

"Then start acting like it." Uraraka snorted. "You're 18 now, you can't keep acting like a kid."

Izuku looked at Uraraka in shock. "W-what is it? You're making me uncomfortable." Uraraka made a sharp gasp and covered her chest. "Please stop staring at my boobs."

'This bitch.' Izuku embarassed, cleared his throat and explained himself. "I was not staring."

"Oh you weren't?" Uraraka replied, her expression turning bored. "I was thinking I could sue you for sexual harassment."

"Please don't."

"So?" Uraraka turned her attention back on her tray. "Why were you staring at me with such lustful eyes?"

"I was just surprised."

"Clarify."

"I was just thinking that you were younger than me... You look older than 15."

"And you look like a complete bitch." Uraraka muttered under her breath.

'I heard that you asshole!'

"Well IM sorry I look like a complete hag."

"No that's not what I mean. Its just... when we first met you acted a lot more mature." Izuku thought back to his first meeting and the childish demeanour she had put. "Well actually thinking back, nevermind."

"Hm." Was all the reply he got.

________
"Hey Uraraka."

"What is Mongrel?"

"That's not even remotely close you bastard."

Uraraka put on a smug look and turned to Izuku. "And yet it fits you so well."

Izuku sighed heavily and asked, "What are you in for?"

Uraraka visibly tensed up and Ahokina glanced away. "H-huh? W-what do you mean? A-are we in jail or something?"

'Huh. That's weird.' Izuku dismissed the thought and faced the Urarakas. "I mean, you know my condition, and I know your brother's, so I was thinking, 'what was yours' or something like that."

Uraraka clenched her spoon tighter and started to bite her lower lips. "M-my reason?"

Izuku nodded, a single sweat dripping down his face from the tense atmosphere. "Y-yeah. I was just curious. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to-"

Uraraka's face relaxed and Izuku released a sigh of relief. "No it's alright. You'll learn sooner or later. I have a condition called 'Cornary Artery Disease'."

Ahokina raised an eyebrow but said nothing. "Cornary Artery Disease?" Izuku repeated.

"Yeah. It's a disease where a major vessel in my heart becomes damaged." Uraraka let out a shaky laugh. "Don't worry it's not that serious. A bit of medication and I should be all better!"

Izuku noticed Uraraka's hand shaking and decided not to pry any further. 'An artery disease huh? It must have been scary.' Izuku nodded, "Alright I'll believe you."

Uraraka let out a visible sigh and changed the topic. "H-hey Ahokina. Did you see the recent airing of Gal and Dino? Wasn't it weird?"

Ahokina jumped a little and quickly glanced at Izuku. "H-hm? O-oh yeah. The live action was unexpected."

'Ahokina has an expression... of what? Guilt?' Izuku decided to pay no mind to it. 'Well whatever that expression is for, it's not my buisness.'