the night is young - c.s.

tw/ marijuana use
also new cover :D

You laid your head on Cooper's shoulder and sighed. The two of you had been sitting on your living room couch in silence for about twenty minutes now, the quiet only being broken once by you asking what to do, and Cooper responding with a indifferent groan. The sigh did get a "hm?" out of him, though.

"I'm bored," you said.

"We should go somewhere," he replied.

You sat up and looked at him with a confused look. "Where exactly?" you asked. "It's like-" you took out your phone to check the time- "Cooper, it's one thirteen in the morning."

"Ok?" he said. "We could still go somewhere?" He got up and walked towards the door.

"What the hell is open at 1 a.m.?" you asked. Not any places you could think of that were worth going to, which were some grocery stores and maybe 7-11.

"We could go to the spot?" he asked. Oh, the spot.

You knew that place.

The so-called 'spot' was the place you and Cooper hung out most. It wasn't anything special, it was literally just a field at the bottom of a nearby hill. You hadn't been there in a while, but you always enjoyed chilling in the cool grass as the two of you talked about anything and everything. A lot of good memories were made there. But why go so late?

"Do you know how sus it will look if someone sees two kids in an open field at one in the morning?" you said deadpan, looking over at him.

"Ok, one, we're not kids-" he began.

"Tell that to the guy that asked if your parents were home the other day," you cut him off, smiling.

He inhaled deeply. "You're a real piece of shit, y'know that, (Y/N)?" he said, pointing at you and clearly trying not to laugh.

"Whatever, what else were you gonna say?" you asked.

"Right," he continued," So one, we're not kids, so it's technically legal, and two, I have the good shit." He gestured toward his backpack on the floor, next to the couch the two of you had been sitting on.

"And you didn't tell me?" you asked. He shrugged. Damn, this man was holding out. "Alright fine, but we're walking, I'm not trying to get pulled over while high, alright?" you said.

"Fair." he replied.

With that, you grabbed his bag and the two of you headed out into night. The walk to the field wasn't a long one, and the two of you stayed quiet for most of it, considering there were people sleeping. Cooper and you just walked in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence. After about ten minutes, you arrived at the sacred 'spot.'

You handed him his backpack and he got out a blanket first. With minimal goofing around, you helped him spread it out on the ground; you two weren't trying to lay in the bug-filled grass. After sitting down on the blanket, he got out the rest of the supplies for the night's activities; a headphone jack splitter for your phone, his own earbuds (you had your own on you), a lighter, and a pre-rolled blunt. You chuckled as you took the splitter and plugged it into your phone.

"What?" he asked. He looked up at you, the lights from a nearby parking lot just barely illuminating his face.

"Nothing." you replied. "It's just... I missed this, y'know? it's been a while."

He sighed as he handed you his earbuds. "Yeah, I guess you're right." Even in the low lighting, you could tell he was smiling.

You plugged in both pairs of earbuds to the splitter and found the playlist you shared with Cooper, simply titled 'vibes.' The two of you put in your earbuds in as you put the playlist on shuffle, then laid down how you always did: in opposite directions, but with your heads next to each other. Your attention was redirected to a small light source as you watched him light the blunt before pressing it to his lips and taking a puff, letting a cloud of smoke escape his lips.

"Shit, it has been a while," he said softly.

You smiled as he passed you the blunt, allowing you to take a puff of your own. You let the smoke fill your lungs as you closed your eyes, only focusing on the music. As you took the blunt away and exhaled, you felt all of your worry leave. Nothing else mattered in that moment. It was just you and Cooper. Your eyes opened, staring up at the night sky, full of stars. Their beauty seemed even greater then, even as you passed him the blunt.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

{793}
can you tell i've never used a drug in my life lmaoo
this was just an idea i've had for a while, it's loosely based on a location near me. idk, seemed cool
regardless, i hope y'all enjoyed this, and here's the origin of that one line:

 idk, seemed coolregardless, i hope y'all enjoyed this, and here's the origin of that one line: