28 ~ No More Waiting

You found yourself standing alone while you stared at night sky. Even thought it sounded dramatic you had to let hongjoong go. You knew you couldn't make him wait for you to return his feelings, not when you knew how much heartbreak that could cause. 

You sighed as you smiled softly, you knew hongjoong would be alright. He was truly an amazing person and one day he would find someone who could love him like he deserved, not someone who's heart already belonged to someone else.

"yeah, someone who isn't even here. Why are you waiting here again" you spoke aloud scolding yourself knowing the person you had feelings for, the person you were always waiting for would never come. Seonghwa...he would never be able to return your feelings no matter how much you waited. 

 Suddenly you thought back to why you had stopped in front of the tree with the bright lights in the first place.

"hey y/n...the lights, you want to see them together when they turn them on"

"sure hwa, I would really like that. I'll wait for you then"

You had got so emotional seeing them as you walked by with hongjoong. You had stopped without thinking and now here you were, waiting again. You knew no matter what your heart seemed to always lead you back to seonghwa and you couldn't help but sigh again as you stared at the bright lights

"you're always waiting y/n" you whispered to yourself as a sad smile formed on your face but soon the smile was replaced with shock as you heard the familiar voice call your name

"y/n"

You immediately looked away from the trees, their bright light soon forgotten as you stared at seonghwa. You knew you were technically waiting for him but you had never expected to see him.

You still stared at seonghwa surprised to see him but as he took a few steps forwards you could see his watery eyes and the hurt expression on his face. 

"h-hwa" you said softly not understanding why he looked so heartbroken, but then you just remembered your own words

"I know you're hurting hwa, I know this is breaking you but just know I'm here. Just know that I will always be waiting for you with open arms if you need me"

You meant every word that day, so even thought you were confused your gently opened your arms and his eyes widened as more tears fell down his face and he quickly hugged you.

His arms were wrapped tightly around your waist while he leaned down and buried his face in your shoulder

"always waiting" he spoke out softly while you gently wrapped your arms around his neck in comfort not really understanding why seonghwa was so upset

"I'm an idiot, a terrible person. You've always been waiting for me. You've always been waiting all alone even as your heart was hurting, even now in the cold while it snows...you've always waited for me to return your feelings" seonghwa croaked out while you froze, you heart raced as you realized seonghwa had somehow found out about how you felt. You quickly pulled away from the hug but seonghwa kept his arms around your waist holding you in place when all you wanted to do was run. 

All you could think about was how you friendship would change, how this would affect everything, but soon your panicking was interrupted when seonghwa spoke again 

"you were always waiting and I never deserved it. I'm sorry I kept you waiting for so long, but I'm here now y/n, you don't have to wait anymore" your heart stopped and suddenly you felt your own tears well up in your eyes while your voice cracked

"w-what" was all you managed to choke out while you tried to hold in your tears and process what seonghwa was saying

"I mean it, you don't have to wait anymore y/n. I'm sorry I made you wait this long" his one arm moved from your waist while the other still held you in place. His free arm moved up and then his hand went to your face and gently wiped away the tears now falling from your eyes.