20 ~ Grateful

You had no idea how hard it would be to stay by seonghwas side. It was only your third day at the cabin and you still had five more days here but right now you didn't know if you could handle staying any longer.

As dramatic as it sounded you felt like your heart was being ripped to shreds every time you saw seonghwa and yeonsoo together.

You sighed as you finished getting ready and you lazily walked out of the bathroom. You saw hongjoong in the kitchen leaning on counter as he ate and you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion wondering why he didn't just eat at the table. Then your eyes wandered to the small kitchen table and you saw yeonsoo sitting there...so that was why

"hey y/n" yeonsoo waved slightly as she called your name and you smiled at her as you sat at the small kitchen table across from her. She wasn't really close to anyone at the cabin so you often found yourself talking with her. 

"hey yeonsoo" you replied and she smiled at you again as she began talking

You didn't force any laughs as you talked with yeonsoo, it wasn't hard being around her...it was just when seonghwa was there too, when you saw them together your heart constricted in pain. 

Seonghwa soon walked into the kitchen and yeonsoo immediately smiled seeing him "hey, you're ready now. The small theater is near this area so it isn't to far of a walk but I was hoping we could look around some stores too" yeonsoo happily stated 

"yeah I'm ready so let's go" seonghwa replied as he smiled at her

"does anyone else want to come" yeonsoo asked the people scattered around the kitchen and living room area

"no, it's getting really cold outside. I think I just want to relax inside the cabin and drink hot tea" yunho said as he sat on the couch where your make shift bed was. 

"yeosang, san, and wooyoung are out shopping right now and I'm going to this really cool music store with mingi" jungho stated while he was already putting on his jacket while mingi was putting on a large fluffy sweater over his plain shirt.

"what about you y/n, or you hongjoong" yeonsoo asked, her eyes held a slight sparkle in them as she invited you. She really was way too nice, you wished you could hate her but she was truly a kind person. The spark in her eyes told you she genuinely wanted you to come along and you sighed knowing you couldn't say no considering you really didn't have anything to do today

"um I guess-" right as you were about to agree despite not wanting to go a loud voice seemed to save you "she can't, we are already going somewhere". You looked at hongjoong with a bright smile glad he had helped you out of the terrible situation

"oh alright, well then we will see you two later" yeonsoo smiled as she got up from her spot. You waved slightly as you watched yeonsoo, seonghwa, jongho, and mingi leave the cabin.

Now that the cabin was almost empty you were about to sit down next to yunho to relax but a hand grabbed your wrist before you could. You stared up at hongjoong surprised by the bright smile on his face "come on, I meant it when I said we have plans today"

Yunho looked at you two curiously as he spoke "seriously, when did you two get so close" 

Again, you really didn't know what to say. You knew hongjoong had saved you from a horrible day of watching yeonsoo and seonghwa together as you would be constantly reminded that the person you loved would never feel the same. However, you couldn't just explain that to yunho

"I like her" hongjoong spoke out simply while you chocked and yunhos eyes went wide. You stared at hongjoong in disbelief while yunho was in shock.

Hongjoong simply pulled you along to the front door. Your eyes were still wide with surprise while yunho sat still clearly trying to think of something to say and so where you. However, before either of you could think of something you were already dragged out the door by hongjoong.

The cold air instantly hit your face as hongjoong simply walked with you as his hand was still gently holding your wrist. As you both walked in silence you finally spoke out "where are we going hongjoong and what did you mean back there. I think you broke yunho" 

"we are leaving that cabin, we are going to take your mind off of seonghwa. Also I meant what I said, I like being around you" he stated simply while you smiled softly finally understanding hongjoong had simply liked hanging out with you.

"well the feeling is mutual then" you stated while hongjoong smiled at you as you both walked down the chilly streets. You weren't really paying attention when you bumped into hongjoongs back as he suddenly stopped

"what is it hongjoong-" you froze as you saw hongjoong looking into the large glass window of a store. You were surprised by the large colorful store and you laughed seeing the pure joy in hongjoongs eyes.

"you want to go inside" you asked while hongjoong nodded his head as he grabbed your hand and dragged you inside. 

"welcome, let me know if you need any help with anything" the woman at the front smiled as you and hongjoong looked around the store. The huge store was filled with art supplies and even fabric.

"so you like this stuff" you asked holding in a laugh as hongjoong turned around barely being able to hold the huge pile of different paints in his arms.

"I like art, I don't know it's fun to do in my spare time. I mostly do clothes. The jacket you have, I made it" hongjoong said as he turned to look at more supplies.

You were surprised at hongjoongs words, you had to admit the jacket may not have been your style but that didn't mean it wasn't well designed and made. Then you found yourself looking at the clothes he was currently wearing. You stared at his outfit intensely, you had seen his style before and he looked amazing in all the clothes he wore.

"did you make this too, your outfit" you asked and hongjoong looked at you as he glanced at his clothes, he simply shrugged his shoulders "yeah I did"

Your eyes widened as hongjoong went back to shopping. The jeans he wore had small patched designs all around them and the jacket he wore was painted with flowers covering the right sleeve and the left pocket. 

It was truly a work of art

Hongjoong seemed satisfied with the art supplies he got as you trailed behind him for hours in the store. 

"what are you looking at" hongjoong laughed while you looked up at him, you couldn't help but admire his clothes again "your outfit is AMAZING hongjoong. You are seriously talented" you praised and a slight tint of red formed on hongjoongs face as he blushed in embarrassment

"thanks, well what about we make something when we get back to the cabin" he asked holding up the large amounts of fabric and paints.

You nodded excitedly and hongjoong quickly payed for all the materials. Soon you both were back outside and you softly spoke "thank you hongjong... you saved me from having to walk around with yeonsoo and seonghwa all day. You know I don't think I'm strong enough to see them together all the time so I really appreciated you taking me out today. So again, thank you hongjoong, I'm truly grateful"