New Beginnings

Geum Jan Di huffed as she walked around ShinHwa Academy,  she looked around to see if anything gave a clue to where she was on the school grounds. The school brochure didn't help since it just showed the basic shapes of the school buildings.

     It was only yesterday that she was just a regular teen with a normal life. She thought of how people in news articles called her Wonder Woman. She smiled at herself as she kept walking around the school. 'I don't think me saving that kid required me coming to this school' she thought as she kept on walking. She wasn't noticing that she walked into a nearby woods like area.

    She kept walking until she came up to a clearing by the pathway, there was a bench and a boy standing there. She walked closer and realized that he was playing a violin. She thought that it was the most beautiful thing she had ever heard, she closed her eyes and smiled. The melody was smooth and soft, almost as if it was speaking to her. She opened her to get a closer look at the boy who was playing the violin.

     Jan Di widened her eyes as she saw how he looked almost unrealistic, like a character from a anime. He had shoulder length hair, that was a shade of golden caramel. He had a somewhat blank, yet calming face that made her feel a little less awkward for walking in on his practice.

    The boy suddenly stopped playing on his violin and looked at her. She looked at him all flustered by his sudden attention towards her. She tried uttering something but couldn't think of anything. He looked at her with a simple expression waiting for her to say something.

~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~

    So-Young woke up to her alarm blaring in her ear, she quickly looked around trying to remember where she was. She sighed as she saw the school uniform placed on her desk chair. She quickly realized she had to get ready soon, since her mom had to drop her off. She quickly brushed her hair while trying to brush her teeth and then changed into her uniform.

    She smiled at herself as she saw that the school jacket looked cool, she then looked at her legs and scrunched her nose. She hated wearing skirts, dresses were also not her style. 'You can do this So-Young, if it means going to one of the best schools out there, it worth it. It's got a great program for the arts, so if it means wearing a skirt its cool.' She then took a final sigh and looked at the time on her phone, it was almost time for her to leave.

    "Mom, come on it's time to go and you don't want to be late to your first day back." So-Young yelled as she got to the bottom of the steps and went into the kitchen to grab an apple. Her mom then walked in giving her a warm smile.

    "You ready?" She asked as she grabbed her coffee mug. She then sniffled," your father would've been glad to have seen you..."

    So-Young bit her lip trying to be strong for her moms sake. She gave her a weak smile and then put down her apple and gave her a hug. "Umma, don't be like this because you know I can't stand seeing you sad. It's also not like he didn't see me begin my life. I got to spend my first six years of my life with him and I won't ever forget those precious memories."

    "When did you get so grown up?" Her mom teased as she hugged her and walked to the car with So-Young. They drove to ShinHwa with no clue on how life was going to change for them.

~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~

    So-Young widened her eyes as she realized something once her mom drove off to work. It finally hit her that she was a Korean born girl who was a foreigner to her own country. She was so accustomed to the American lifestyle that she was nervous on how Korea would be different. She quickly got the school brochure and started looking for a main office. She noticed she was getting looks from fellow classmates as she quickly breathed to calm herself down. She then got out her headphones and started listening to music as she walked around without a care on where she was.

    She saw that she had started wondering off into a woods like area of the school grounds. She looked confused and tried to find the area on her map, she sighed as she gave up and kept walking further into the path. She kept walking until she almost tripped causing her to look around to see if anyone saw her almost face plant the ground.

    She noticed up ahead that there was a boy and girl that seemed to have wanted some privacy, since they were in a secluded woods. She mentally cursed herself as she knew she was intruding on something. She quickly took her headphones out to see if she was making any noise. She was about to quickly turn around when she heard the girl ask the boy for the directions to the pool. 'This must mean she's also new!' So-Young gleefully thought as she listened to the conversation. She saw the guy stay quiet as he pointed to a general location. The girl just smiled and quickly ran towards the direction.

    So-Young widened her eyes and realized she should follow the girl since she was afraid of losing her. She quickly started walking down the path until she was in front of the boy.

    "Uh can you tell me where she's going?" She asked acting as if she wasn't spying on them.

    "The pool" he responded and just stared at her. So-Young bowed as she said thank you and complemented how his violin looked beautiful. He stared at her with a questioning face and was about to open his mouth when the girl bowed once more with a sorry and ran into the same direction as the girl before.

    'Something about her seems familiar' he thought as he continued to play the violin.

~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~☆~~~

    Geum Jan Di walked around what seemed to be the main entrance to the school. She was about to keep looking when she heard shouts from behind her, she looked back to see a girl around her age running to her. The girl almost collapsed as she rested her hands on her knees. Geum Jan Di gave the girl a bewildered expression and tried to help her up.

    "Yah.... A-a-annyeonghaseyo ... are you new here?" The girl said between pants as she tried to catch her breath. Geum Jan Di looked at the girl shocked as to how she knew she had just started.

    "Uh how did you know that... by any chance are you the welcoming person?" Geum Jan Di asked hoping for some type of help.

    "A-ani I'm Kim So-Young,  I'm also new her, recently transferred from America." So-Young responded as she held out a hand towards the girl.

    "Oh ok, I'm Geum Jan Di,  it's good to know I'm not the only one here that's new." Jan Di smiled as she shook the girls hand. They both stood their awkwardly as they tried to think of what to say to each other.

    "OMO, IT'S F4!!!!!!!" a student yelled as the rest gathered around the main entrance.  So-Young and Geum Jan Di looked at each other with confused faces.

    "What's an F4?" So-Young asked herself as she and Jan Di walked closer to the growing crowd of people. The girls waited to see what all the fuss was about.

   ●♤●●●♤●●●♤●●●♤●●●♤●●●♤●●●♤●

A/N: So it's pretty late, I couldn't finish this in one shot (sorry) and I hope that I can upload the second part to this tomorrow. I hope you liked it ♡

12152014

A/ N: I won't be able to update and post until tomorrow sorry.