six

Two weeks have passed since Noah broke up with you. After you told him to leave, he rushed out of your apartment, and you called Rebecca, who immediately came over. Hours later Noah broke up in a one-line text message.

Rebecca, being the angel that she is, ordered a bunch of food and stayed with you the whole weekend. You stayed up all night while she slept on your couch. Harry's coat stayed untouched on your floor.

You couldn't cry. You felt nothing but emptiness. Noah might've been a dick the past month but there was still something about him that you loved; and that you loved him more than you actually realized. And of course now, that he officially wasn't your boyfriend anymore, you remebered all the good times that you've had together.

How you met him in your second year of university and how he waited outside your building, by the bike stands for you to drive you home before you leanrt how to drive yourself. He sat there every day, with his friends, smoking, but as soon as he saw you he tossed his cigarettes aside because he knew you hated the smell. He quit, even though you never asked for it. He said he did it ''just for you, babe''. How he taught all your friends to call you Lu instead of Lucy, because ''that's closer to your real name, babe''. How he started taking french lessons before the summer you spent in France, so that he could impress your mom when you visited her. How you got drunk on New Years Eve and bleached his hair together. The first time he cooked for you and it wasn't actually bad, the first time he bought you roses and it was actually romantic and not as an apology. When you met his parents for the first time and you had too much wine. The first night you made love and had to be extremely quiet because he was still living with his friend back then.

The same friend that called you on Monday and told you all about Noah and Riley. They were seeing each other for months, all of Noah's friends knew but no one had the balls to tell you.

That was the first time you cried, but not because he was had been cheating on you, but because he left you and called you a cheater. Because he treated you like shit and he always victimized himself.

Your friend had to go back to uni and work on Monday, but you had no willpower to turn up to your lectures and you felt sick when you thought you were meant to meet Harry that afternoon.

Rebecca had promised to lie for you and tell him you were sick if he turned up at the pub asking for you. Technically is wasn't a lie because you really didn't feel that well.

Nothing has changed since then, with the only exception being that after a week you started to go to uni again. You completely ignored Harry, Bethan and Katie. Only Rebecca and your family knew what has happened and even though you gave Rebecca permission to tell the others, she didn't do it, she let you do it when the time was right.

You started feeling bad for Harry. He did nothing wrong and yet you still ignored him. One day you saw him standing by the tree but you hid in your bed, so that he couldn't see you and when you dared to look out the window again, he was gone.

His coat was no longer laying on your bedroom floor, instead Rebeca has neatly hung it onto the coat rack in your hallway. She has never questioned who it belongs to or why you have it.

The radio is playing quietly on your kitchen self, but you don't give it much attention. Today has been the day you decided to get a grip again. Actually, you only decided that two hours ago, and it's already late in the afternoon. You spent the entire day in your bed after another sleepless night, before you impusively got up and started cleaning the entire room, before moving on to your living room and finally the kitchen. The dishes piling up on your counter resemble the neglect caring for you or your apartment you have showed in the past weeks perfectly.