nine

This was probably a bad idea.

When you came home from uni on Friday, you saw another envelope leaning against the trunk of the sycamore tree. Rebecca came home with you to study, but you still directly ran downstairs again, collecting the envelope and running upstairs.

Breathing heavily, you sat down next to your friend on the sofa reading through the lines Harry had written, before you started filling her in.

"He wants to go on another date with me. And he's given me his phone number."

"Another?! You two had your first official date?! And you did not tell me?"

Oh yeah, you hadn't told her yet.

As quick as you could, you told her all about the date, "but now he asked me to go on a double date, he wants me to meet his manager before he leaves London again."

Rebecca found it a bit odd, just like you to be honest, but Harry said he and his manager have been friends for ages and if he wants you to meet him it must be because it's important to him.

After you've sent a text to Harry agreeing to come on the date, Rebecca jumped up from your couch and dragged you into your bedroom. "Forget the studying, we have to choose you an outfit first." She put on some music and started looking through all of your clothes; making you feel as if you were in a teen movie. It took forever, but finally the two of you decided on a light blue dress, a white cardigan and your black boots. It's nothing special, but Harry wrote it's going to be casual.

Now, it's Saturday night, Harry sits next to you at the table for four. He was right, it's all casual. So far his manager, Matty, and his girlfriend, Olivia, are nice, they try to involve you in the conversation as much as possible, and you really try to involve yourself, but at times is difficult because obviously they all know each other and you're the new one in the group.

You excuse yourself to the bathroom after everyone has finished eating, even though you don't really need to. You just need to be alone for a moment. Rebecca demanded you to text her if you need to leave or if everything is going just fine, and so you text her before you hear the bathroom door opening, you turn around to Matty's girlfriend looking at you with a worried expression on her face.

"How are you?" Her voice is soft and kind, "is everything okay?"

You nod in response and watch her in the mirror.

"Do you like Harry?" She smiles at you and you can't help but smile, too. She cares about you and came to check on you, because you've been quiet during the whole dinner, not everyone would have done that.

"I do.." You want to add something, but there is nothing else to add. You like Harry, but you're not sure in what way and how much, all you know is that you depend on spending time with him and you trust him.

"I think he likes you too, how many dates have you had?" She has an American accent, just like her boyfriend- on your way to the restaurant Harry mentioned, that they're from Los Angeles and they visit Harry in London every now and then.

"This is our second official date, it's a little complicated to explain," hearing your answer makes you giggle. It's ridiculous that both you and Harry never count your countless meeting at the pub and by the tree, plus when he invited you for dinner, plus when he took you to the studio as dates. It is yours and his inside joke.

"That sounds like Harry, the song part I mean," Olivia says, after you told her about what happened in the studio and about yours and Harry's car date.
"I'm sure he'll tell you about it once it's finished."

Looking in the mirror, you fix your hair, smiling at Olivia. "Thank you," you say before closing two buttons of your cardigan, "maybe we should go back now." She agrees and together, you make your way back to the table. As soon as Harry sees you, you smile at him, changing his worried expression into a smile, too.