Melancholy

This story is set in the Transformers Prime universe in season 2, between the episodes Operation T-Cog to Triage; where Starscream had gone rouge and Optimus just recovered from his amnesia state.
_______________________

Optimus had been thinking.

Optimus thinks a lot, but this was different. Optimus usually doesn't think like this. He was thinking of how this war started, why it started and what could of prevented it. How tragic.

Is this war worth it? No, it never had been and never will. Could it of been prevented? Yes, yes it could have easily. Do you regret the broken relationship you and Megatron had?

Optimus put his head in his servo's and clawed the crown of his head, as he slouched forward in his seat. Elbows rested on his knees, Optimus mumbled.

"Yes, I do." He mumbled, but was so quiet it might as well of been a breathless whisper. He rubbed his eyes roughly, as he's sat up again. These questions have been popping up in his mind for a while now, a couple of years; but they've been getting worse recently, after his amnesia faze.

The thought of what Optimus did while being 'Orion Pax' haunts him. Megatron now knows something that is unknown to Optimus, and that scares him.

He did find bruises and debts on him, so he could only assume he was beaten while on the ship. Orion was unskilled on the battlefield.

But, there were other bruises, scratches and dents. Ones Optimus can't even face that they're actually there. Their placement.., their level of damage... their type of bruises...

It has been the only thing that has ever made his enogon run cold.

Anxiety, quilt and regret unfolds him, some could even say he was depressed, but, he still covers his true face of self-neglection with the face of continuity, impassion and valiancy.

He opened his quarter door, pupils dilate from the light, and stepped out of his dark room. He walked down the echoey corridors, correcting his posture and composure, towards the lively base centre.

Bumblebee and Arcee were challenging each other's speed, Miko and Bulkhead were screaming to Heavy Metal, Ratchet was grumbling about the noise while searching the data screen, Raf was busy typing away on his computer and Jack, was just being Jack; either watching cartoons or searching though his phone- that is if his mother, June Darby, isn't around.

Everything was normal today.

Optimus walked in, cringing slightly at the squeak of the electric guitar in his audio sensors. Raf popped his head up from the computer as he heard large footsteps, and saw Optimus.

"Hi Optimus!" Raf smiled and hitched his glasses, Optimus smiled down at him slightly.

"Hello, Rafael." He greeted, out of all the humans he's met, he felt most association with Rafael; most likely because he was the most quiet and in his own bubble, his own world, like Optimus is at personal times.

"Ah! Optimus, you're here! I have found something interesting." Ratchet greeted when he saw Optimus.

Raf looked down and busily typed on the computer again as Optimus walked pass. Optimus stood next to Ratchet as he looked up to the screen.

"What have you found, old friend?" He asked as he put a servo on his oldest friend's shoulder.

"I have found a powerful enagon serge. Located in Iran. And after some hard decoding," Ratchet continued to type until a picture appears on the screen. "It seems the serge is coming from-"