𝕝𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕖

𝓁𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒: 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓈𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

x

business was slow that day, and seungmin was bored. he stood behind the counter, scanning the room for the hundredth time in hopes that he would find something new to be interested in, even if it was for only a second. he had accidentally left his apartment that morning without grabbing his phone, and as a result, found himself at work with nothing to do to occupy his time. he could perfectly see the image in his head of his phone that laid on his bedside table, still plugged in. it was probably far past charged at this point.

seungmin sighed, leaving the counter and heading to the employee room (could it really be called that?). it was more or less a storage closet with a few folding chairs that had been set out for the workers to sit in, but he wasn't going to complain. he and felix had spent a lot of their work hours there, messing around and not working, only coming out if a customer entered the shop. felix never failed to keep seungmin entertained during the day.

but felix wasn't there that day, leaving seungmin completely alone and bored in the flower shop at the end of the street. he frowned at the shelves for a moment before going to pick up the watering can yet again, making his way out of the employee room and to the many rows of potted flowers and herbs.

he made his way down the aisles, watering the plants for the third time that day. he poured only the slightest amount of water into the pots, not wanting to accidentally overwater the flowers in his attempt to cure his boredom.

he absentmindedly did his job, moving as slowly as he possibly could as he thought of what to do next. he decided that taking a nap sounded like a good idea.

seungmin frowned as he thought, returning to the employee room to put away the watering can. he couldn't take a nap, he was working alone!

if only felix was here.

luckily, he didn't have to think for much longer about what to do as the bell that was attached to the door frame jingled, signalling that someone had entered the shop.

delighted, he hurried to his spot behind the counter, a warm smile finding its way to his face. he scanned the aisles for whoever had walked in but was unable to find them as they were hidden away behind the rows and rows of plants.

"welcome!" seungmin called, still glancing around the room, hoping to spot the customer. he drummed his fingers against the counter.

"hi!" a male voice called back, most likely from somewhere behind the ferns. "um, do you guys do bouquets?"

"yes, we do," seungmin replied, his breath catching in his throat as the customer appeared in front of the counter, his lips curled upwards in a smile. he had thick, jet black hair that framed the sides of his face and a cute spot under his left eye. seungmin thought he was beautiful.

"perfect!" the customer exclaimed, and seungmin nodded slowly in agreement, biting his lip nervously.

"what were you thinking colorwise?" seungmin managed to get out, turning away from the boy to scan the wall of flowers behind him, already planning the arrangement he would put together.

"uh...."

seungmin peeked over his shoulder at the customer, who looked extremely lost. he giggled to himself as the customer also scanned the wall of flowers, seeming very overwhelmed with the choices he had.

"i don't know, pink?" he finally answered, making seungmin nod. "just do whatever you think would look nice." the brown-haired boy was already reaching for different flowers, pulling a peony, a lily, a petunia. he paused before also taking a few white flowers, turning back to the counter. he reached down to one of the shelves to grab the string that he would use to tie the stems together. he set the string down on the counter and then pulled out a gift tag and a pen. he handed them to the boy.

"you can write whatever you want," seungmin said, starting to form the bouquet. he continued adding flowers and foliage until he thought it looked nice, and after receiving confirmation from the customer, tied the stems together. he then moved on to wrapping the flowers in plastic and tissue paper.

once he had finished, the customer handed him the gift tag.

to: yeji
from: hyunjin
i love you and i'm so proud of you!!

"lucky girl," seungmin commented, attaching the note to the bouquet and then setting it gently down on the counter. hyunjin gave him an odd look.

"well, she's my sister, so..."

"oh." seungmin's cheeks flushed and he smiled sheepishly at hyunjin, who gave him an awkward nod.

"she's graduating today," the boy said, pulling out his wallet to pay for the bouquet.

"oh, how exciting!" seungmin exclaimed, taking the money from hyunjin and putting it into the cash register, counting the boy's change and then handing it to him. hyunjin hummed, putting the money back into his wallet. he carefully picked up the bouquet that seungmin had arranged.

"oh, and," seungmin added, quickly turning around to face the flower wall once again, pulling a lavender rose from its place. he held it out to hyunjin, who hurriedly put his wallet back into his pocket so that he could take it. "you can have this, since it's your first time shopping here."

seungmin watched as hyunjin's eyes lit up, his cheeks tinting red as he watched the smile form on the black-haired boy's face.

"thank you," hyunjin said, giving seungmin what was possibly the brightest smile he had ever seen in his life. "if i ever need flowers again, i'll definitely come back."

he said goodbye and then turned to leave, using his elbow to open the door, the bell jingling as he left.

seungmin waved to him, the lovestruck look unable to leave his face as he watched hyunjin walk away.

was it too soon to say that he was in love? probably, but the fast beating of his heart in his chest seemed to think otherwise. seungmin pounded lightly on his chest, shaking his head.

"stop it," he said to himself, hoping that his words would halt the feelings he had.

they didn't.

x

yo

welcome to my first ever seungjin book <3

ngl posted bc i feel lazy and maybe committing to an update schedule will force me to be productive

so anyway, updates on friday xx