𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕘𝕝𝕠𝕣𝕪

𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝓁𝑜𝓇𝓎: 𝒶𝒻𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

x

"you gave him a what?"

seungmin smiled sheepishly at felix, who was back at work after his week-long trip to visit his family in australia.

"a lavender rose," seungmin repeated, and felix shook his head.

"you're ridiculous," felix said, rolling his eyes at his friend playfully. seungmin frowned.

"i am not!" he protested, crossing his arms over his chest. "if you saw how cute he was, you'd understand." felix shook his head again.

"so, what else did you do last week besides tell a boy that you're in love with him?" the aussie asked, laughing as he received a smack on the arm from seungmin.

"i didn't tell him anything," seungmin insisted. "i only gave him a flower, you're reading too much into this."

"don't act like you don't know the meanings of flowers," felix said, seungmin flushing as he was called out by his friend and coworker. "you knew exactly what you were doing when you handed that to him."

"i'm not talking to you anymore," seungmin said, standing up from the folding chair and leaving the employee room. he would find something to make himself busy with.

he walked down the aisles, straightening the flowerpots that rested on the shelves. as he did so, his mind wandered back to hyunjin and his beautiful smile. he wondered when-- if-- the boy would come back. he had told him that he would (if he ever needed flowers again), but seungmin didn't know if that was really true. he hoped it was, though.

the bell above the door jingled and seungmin nearly gave himself whiplash with the speed he turned his head to look at who was entering the shop. much to his dismay, it was not hyunjin. he returned to straightening the flowerpots, a slight pout present on his face. that was a new habit of his; getting his hopes up whenever the bell rang. he was surprised felix hadn't made a comment on it yet (though, he had only come back to work that morning).

"excuse me?" the customer, a girl with long, dark, hair had approached him. "can you help me find magnolias?"

seungmin smiled at her and led her over to where the white flowers resided. he heard the bell ring again and looked over his shoulder to see who it was, doing a double-take when he saw the familiar face of hyunjin. he looked away quickly, returning his attention to the girl in front of him. he handed her one of the flowerpots and she left, heading over to the counter where felix was waiting to checkout.

all the while, seungmin was having a heart attack, hidden away by the magnolias and peonies. while he was hoping for hyunjin to visit the shop again, he hadn't actually expected him to. he peeked around the shelf, watching as felix put the money he had collected from the girl into the cash register. he wanted to be the one to talk to hyunjin, not felix!

he had an idea.

"felix!" seungmin called, startling the boy. "can you refill the watering cans for me?"

a look of confusion washed over his face as seungmin made his way over, shoving him away from the counter and into the employee room.

"seungmin, what--"

"thank you so much!" seungmin exclaimed, grinning at him as widely as he possibly could. he turned away, taking his spot behind the counter just as hyunjin approached.

"welcome back," seungmin greeted, offering the boy a warm smile. "need another bouquet made?"

"yep," hyunjin replied, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "my mom saw how pretty yeji's bouquet turned out and now she wants one for her kitchen, or something?"

"ah, okay." seungmin turned away, reaching down to pick up a glass vase. he filled it with water and set it gently down on the counter.

"i think she asked for red and yellow flowers," hyunjin said before seungmin could ask. seungmin nodded and turned to the flower wall, pulling flowers that he thought would look nice together.

felix exiting the employee room, watering cans in both hands, caught seungmin's attention. he watched as the aussie's gaze flickered between seungmin and hyunjin, then back to seungmin. he gave the brown-haired boy a deadpan look, but continued forward and out the door.

seungmin placed a final sunflower into the vase and then stepped back, feeling proud of his work.

"you're so good at that," hyunjin said, shaking his head and reaching to pull out his wallet. seungmin grinned, the compliment only making him even more proud.

"thanks," he said. hyunjin paid for the bouquet, and just like he had the time before, seungmin scanned the flower wall, searching for the perfect flower to give to hyunjin. he pulled a morning glory, handing the delicate blossom to the boy in front of him.

"for you!"

hyunjin gave seungmin that beautiful smile of his, taking the flower from him.

"what for this time?"

"um, your continued support of the store." seungmin answered, satisfied with the reply he had made up on the fly. hyunjin nodded. he gently tucked the blue flower behind his ear, making seungmin's heart start pounding out of his chest. he thought hyunjin looked really pretty like that. the black-haired boy picked up the vase, said goodbye, and was on his way. felix, who was returning with the now-full watering cans, set one down so that he could open the door for hyunjin.

"have a good day," seungmin heard felix say. he watched the aussie catch the door with his foot, struggling to get inside with both of his hands full. seungmin rushed over to him, taking one of the cans from him.

"i'm assuming that'd be your flower boy?" felix asked once he was inside, making seungmin smile.

"yeah, that's him."

felix rolled his eyes.

"i can't believe you."

they walked to the employee room, setting the watering cans back down in their spot. they then sat on the folding chairs in complete silence, seungmin staring at the floor with a stupid smile present on his face.

after a few seconds, felix's voice broke the silence.

"he is pretty cute, though."

"oh my god, i told you!"