𝕘𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕒

𝑔𝒶𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓃𝒾𝒶: 𝓈𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒

x

it had been hard for seungmin to get out of bed that morning. it was monday, the start of a new work week, and if he was being honest, he felt like shit.

he sighed, forcing himself out of bed, suppressing a shiver as he threw his blankets off, exposing his bare skin to the cold air of his bedroom. he'd rather not call in sick to work that day; though he hadn't been awake for more than five minutes, he truly felt as if he would just be able to grin and bear it (and he didn't want to miss an opportunity to see hyunjin again, but he told himself that the raven-haired boy wasn't his main motivation for wanting to head into work that day).

seungmin opened his dresser, picking out the clothes that he would wear that day, then headed to the bathroom. he trudged down the hallway and into the room, gently shutting the door behind him. he changed clothes and then brushed his teeth, grimacing at his appearance in the mirror.

yikes.

he finished brushing his teeth, running his toothbrush under the sink for a few seconds before setting on the counter. he was then on his way to the kitchen where he would try and find something that he felt like eating (and that wouldn't make him feel any worse than he already did). he decided that he would have a bowl of cereal.

once he had finished eating, it was time for him to head into work. he exited his apartment after grabbing his backpack, taking the elevator down to the main floor and then leaving the building, heading to his car.

the drive to the flower shop wasn't too long, only fifteen minutes. he made it there in no time, parking on the curb as he typically did. he learned forward, letting his head rest on the steering wheel for a moment as he took a deep breath. he could make through the day despite his sickness.

after he had finished giving himself his miniature pep talk, he sat up, stepping out of the car, locking it behind him. he entered the flower shop, giving felix a 'good morning' as he walked through the doors. the aussie returned the greeting with much more energy.

it was maybe five minutes until opening and felix, noticing that seungmin wasn't feeling the best that day, offered to water all the flowers for the morning. seungmin smiled at him, thanking him. he really did appreciate it.

seungmin walked to the doors, turning over the closed sign so that it read 'open' instead. he then headed to the counter, leaning on it heavily. he shut his eyes, trying to will his sick feelings away.

the hours seemed to pass by slower than they ever had before and seungmin was seriously starting to regret not calling in sick that day.

"are you okay?" felix asked for probably the twelfth time that day and seungmin sighed and shrugged. he had begun to feel worse as the hours passed instead of better as he had hoped. felix frowned at him, drumming his fingers on the counter for a moment.

"i can handle the rest of today," felix said. seungmin looked up at him, pausing to shut his eyes momentarily as his head spun. "you should seriously go home."

he didn't want to; he felt bad about leaving his friend to work the flower shop all by himself with no one to talk to. before he could voice his concerns, however, felix cut him off.

"it'll be okay," felix continued. "there's only a few hours left anyway, and we don't ever have that many customers."

seungmin hesitated, unsure of what he should do. he really thought that he would be able to make it through the rest of the day, but the idea of going home and crawling into bed under the blankets was extremely tempting...

"okay," seungmin sighed, having decided that he would go home. "text me if anything happens."

felix smiled at him, nodding.

"of course."

seungmin checked his pockets, making sure he had his phone with him still, then grabbed his backpack from the employee room.

"feel better, okay?" felix said, giving seungmin a pat on the shoulder and a smile. "see you tomorrow?"

"probably," seungmin replied, giving felix the best smile he could. and with that, he was on his way, pushing through the doors to the flower shop, heading back over to his car so that he could drive home.

once he reached his apartment, he headed straight for his bedroom, not bothering to change into his pajamas. he climbed under the sheets, pulling the blankets up to his chin, shutting his eyes.

he laid there, almost falling asleep, when suddenly he remembered that he hadn't seen hyunjin yet that day and since he had gone home, wouldn't be able to give him a flower. seungmin frowned, disappointed that he had missed out on talking with hyunjin again. an idea popped into his head and he reached for his phone. he opened his message app, going to text felix.

seungmin: when hyunjin comes in, can you give him a gardenia for me? :)))

felix responded almost immediately, his response making seungmin roll his eyes.

felix: whatever you say, lover boy.

felix: now go to sleep

seungmin couldn't argue with that. he closed out of his messages, shutting off his phone and placing it on his bedside table. he made himself comfy again and shut his eyes, allowing himself to drift off into a peaceful sleep.

when he awoke and looked at the clock, he had found that he had slept for far longer than he would've liked. he was really tired, apparently. he sighed, stretching briefly before reaching for his phone, smiling when he saw messages that felix had sent while he was asleep.

felix: hyunjin just came in

felix: he asked about you so i told him you were sick and he was sad

felix: and then he bought some irises

felix: and then i gave him the gardenia and told him it was from you and omg you should've seen his face

felix: the literal sun

felix: anyways everything is going great and if you want i can bring you some food?

seungmin beamed, cheeks flushing red as he read the messages. hyunjin had asked about him? he glanced to the clock again, then back at the text, checking to see when felix had sent them.

seungmin: sorry i didn't answer, i was asleep

felix: i assumed

felix: offer still stands though :)

seungmin: you're the best ily

felix: ily2 :)))