𝕔𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕒

𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶: 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓇𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 

𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝒸𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶: 𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊

x

seungmin sighed, letting his head rest against the counter. he was alone in the flower shop once more as felix had a doctor's appointment and couldn't make it in that day, leaving seungmin to be bored and completely by himself (except for the few customers who would come in) for the entire monday.

he'll be back tomorrow, seungmin reminded himself for what seemed like the hundredth time. i only have... seungmin pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time. six hours left.

he leaned against the counter again, letting his eyes close, deciding that maybe he would just take a nap so that the time would pass quicker. he was about to drift off when the bell above the door jingled, letting him know that someone had entered the store. he stood up immediately, searching for who had come in, but they had moved too quickly and were hidden away by the rows and rows of flowers.

"welcome!" he called out, crossing his fingers and hoping that the person who had walked in was hyunjin.

seungmin was delighted to see the black-haired boy emerge from the shelves, sunshine smile present on his face as he approached the counter. seungmin smiled back, glad that he had come in so that he could have someone to talk to, even if it was just for a little while.

"good morning, seungmin!" hyunjin greeted, letting his arms rest on the counter when he reached it.

"good morning," seungmin replied, taking a second to admire the boy's appearance but quickly looking away, not wanting to be caught staring.

"Is felix here today?" hyunjin asked, and seungmin shook his head. a pang of something hit seungmin and he frowned, unsure as to why he was feeling this way when hyunjin had come in to talk with him! he should be feeling happy, right?

"he isn't here," seungmin confirmed. "i'm by myself today."

hyunjin hummed a response, and seungmin frowned again. after a second he realized; he wasn't feeling jealous was he?! he had no reason to be jealous (though he was a little upset that hyunjin had asked for felix and not him)!

"well," hyunjin's voice broke seungmin out of his trance and he looked up to meet the boy's eyes. "i could stay here for a while so you won't be bored."

seungmin's face lit up, wide smile forming on his face at hyunjin's words. any feelings of jealousy dissolved immediately. hyunjin wanted to spend time with him?!

"really?" seungmin asked, and hyunjin shrugged.

"why not? it must be really boring being here by yourself."

he was so right about that. ever since felix had texted him that morning, telling him that he wouldn't be at work that day, seungmin had dreaded going to the store, but now that hyunjin had offered to keep him company...

seungmin beamed at him, truly appreciating how sweet hyunjin was. just last week, he had helped them with restock, and now he was going to take the time out of his (probably) busy day just so that seungmin wouldn't be bored anymore.

"can you teach me about flowers and stuff?" hyunjin asked shyly, making seungmin's heartbeat accelerate. he nodded quickly, immediately moving from behind the counter so that he could stand beside hyunjin.

"what do you want to know about?" seungmin asked and hyunjin smiled at him.

"everything."

so seungmin led hyunjin around the flower shop, pointing out different flowers and herbs, giving the boy their names and some facts about them such as how to take care of them or how he could grow them himself. every so often, hyunjin would recognize a flower that seungmin had previously given to him and he would ask for extra details about those ones, making seungmin's cheeks flush and his heart race. whenever a customer came in, seungmin made arrangements for them while hyunjin hyped up his arranging skills, which made seungmin embarrassed, but he appreciated the compliments.

Once seungmin had told hyunjin about pretty much every single type of flower in the shop, they headed to the employee break room (which seungmin would probably get in trouble for if his employers caught him) and continued their conversation back there, sitting in the crappy folding chairs that had been set out for the employees. before either of them realized, hours had passed and it was almost time for closing.

seungmin glanced down to his phone, double-taking as he saw the time. he stood up from his chair, a confused expression forming on hyunjin's face.

"it's four fifty," seungmin said, hyunjin's confused expression morphing into a shocked one. hyunjin also stood up, running his hand through his hair sheepishly.

"wow, i really stayed for a long time," he said. "hope you don't mind." he laughed.

seungmin shook his head quickly.

"it was fun," seungmin assured, smiling at hyunjin softly. "thanks for hanging out with me."

"will felix be back tomorrow? i can come in again," hyunjin said shyly, and seungmin beamed.

"he'll be back," seungmin said, nodding his head. "but you can come in anyway."

seungmin led hyunjin out of the employee room, turning off the lights as he left. he stood behind the counter, briefly scanning the flower wall for the right flower. once he found it, he hesitated, trying to decide what color to pick before just taking both pink and white. he turned to Hyunjin, handing the two flowers to him. he took them, staring at them intensely.

"hold on, i can remember what these are."

after a few moments of thinking, hyunjin's signature sunshine smile appeared on his face.

"camellia, right?"

seungmin clapped his hands together, cheering for hyunjin, who had gotten the flower correct. hyunjin flushed at his praise, looking away from seungmin and back down to the pink and white blooms in his hands.

seungmin was grateful for hyunjin, and felt happy that they were able to further their relationship. he felt as if they were real friends now, and that made seungmin happy. maybe, just maybe, now that they were close, seungmin would be able to work up the confidence to ask him on a date.

maybe.