Another Day

-So here's another book that I've been having in mind!
-
-
Book is based on Jim Hopper/ David Harbour! 💎
I've read a few fanfics of Hopper and finally decided to make my own!
-
Keep in mind! Hopper is around his early 30's!
-
Hope y'all enjoy it! 💜

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Olivia woke up with a groan and let a hand go to her forehead. Gently massaging the throbbing headache. She should really stop drinking on school days, waking up in the morning was not a blessing. Then again, it was one of those nights where she couldn't sleep, so a bottle of whiskey would do. After a while, she looked up and squinted when the bright light shines at her face, not helping with her pounding head. With a groan she wipes away the sleep from her eyes and reaches for the pack of cigarettes on her small night stand, immediately lighting one up to start her day. She inhales the menthol and closes her eyes when it cools her chest. A few seconds later she gets up from the bed, turns off the cigarette on the ashtray and walks out her bedroom, bumping into her younger brother Jay. He greets her with a yawn and a nod of his head before walking down the hall. She chuckles at him as he lazily walks away, if only he knew how she felt.

She walks into the bathroom and leans her hands on the sink. She takes a deep breath before looking at herself in the mirror and slowly sighs when she sees her busted lip. At least it wasn't bad to the point she needed stitches. He had gotten her clean in the mouth, she didn't have time to react, it had happened out of nowhere. Even if she already knew it was going to happen, she still didn't know when exactly he would start throwing punches. That was the annoying part of him. He would attack the moment she would least expect it and once she's been struck by his heavy fist, he would just leave her there on the ground. Better for her, if he's in the mood, then he wouldn't hesitate to let his steal boot connect with her ribs

It hasn't even been a week since they moved out to Hawkins and he has already managed to sneak in a few punches. Luckily, people at her school knew a few stories about her and knew she wasn't one to go by the rules, so Olivia didn't have to worry about the comments on her bruises she ends up getting every once and a while. The first time she did show up to school with a small cut on her left cheek, people began spreading rumors about getting into a fight with someone around town. Olivia only rolled her eyes at anybody who looked her way and continued with her day.

After splashing her face with cold water, she brushes her teeth, dabs a cotton with rubbing alcohol on her lip, walks out the restroom and towards her room. Olivia rummaged through her suitcase, that was still unpacked, until she finally pulled an outfit for the day. The weather seemed pretty warm, considering her entire room was turning hotter each minute that passed. So she settled with a white simple t-shirt, with the front tied in a small knot, navy jeans and some black and white converse on her feet. Being satisfied with her outfit she fixes her hair into her usual wavy curls. Once she was done with everything she looks at herself in the mirror and sighs.

'Another day'

She thinks to herself as she grabs her backpack and cigarettes, before walking out of her room. When she walks up to the kitchen she sees Jay in front of the toaster as he waits for his waffles. It was rare when she saw him in the kitchen, alone, which made Olivia glance over to the living room to see if he was there. He was, but he was out cold on the couch with a beer bottle on his stomach and on the small coffee table. A small wave of relief washed over her when she saw he wasn't going to wake up anytime soon, probably until the afternoon or if she's lucky until the night. She really didn't feel like dealing with him at such early in the morning and wanting to go to school with another mark on her face, she already had a slight hangover and him releasing his anger and stupidity on her wasn't going to make things better.