Chapter 2

Alli's POV

"Hello?" Lady Rose called. We walked in and looked around seeing birds flying and a train track, "This is so cool." I mumbled. I felt something brush against me and saw a insect that looks like a stick, "Oh look at you aren't you peculiar posing as a twig?" Lady Rose asked. I walked in and heard like a door open, "Move please this is my hiding spot." A voice said. I looked seeing feet sticking out and a duck walk out, "Well aren't you beautiful." I said.

I saw a man holding something up to his face as Lady Rose looked under the table, "Not here." The voice said. "Are you alright down there?" She asked with a little hesitation. "Yeah fine go on." The man said. "Dr. Dolittle?" She asked. "Yeah right." Dolittle said. "You have been summoned to Buckingham Palace by the queen herself." She said.

I felt something brush against my leg and a little lion cub, "Aren't you cute?" I asked. "Oh also my friend there is hurt." She said pointing at me. I looked at the person, "Alli say hi." Lady Rose said. "Hi." I said. "Hello." He said. "I am fine I just met her." I said. "Okay go." He said. "Okay." I said getting up but Lady Rose pulled me down. "Ouch." I said landing on my arm. "You are not fine she needs her arm looked at." Lady Rose said as we stood up.

"Listen I don't care about anyone, anything, anywhere anymore." Dolittle said. "The birds will show you out." He said. "Whoa listen I am not here for my arm I have a patient he's seriously injured." I said. "Where?" Dolittle asked. "Um well my brother's got him outside." I said as he fed the animals.

I saw the gorilla from early, "Please just let my brother." I said. "Oh there's two of you?" He asked. "He's my brother just let me get him he feels really bad." I said.

"Okay and what happened to your arm?" He asked. "Okay that is your fault sort of." I said. "How is that my fault?" He asked. "My brother and I got caught in your net and I cut myself." I said. "So it's your fault then." He said. "Most of it is but it was your net and your Polar Bear scared my brother." I said and saw it with an branch from an apple tree.

I jumped back a little bit the Polar Bear looked at me, "The queen asked for you by name sir." Lady Rose said. "Are you bad at hearing I told you I'm closed for business." Dolittle said. I felt the Lion cub by my feet again, "What business?" I asked. "Treating humans." He said.

I heard a window opened and saw Tommy fly in, "Tommy." I said walking over to my brother. "Intruder alert." He said. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah I'm fine." He said. "Well I'm not." Dolittle said. "My house is descending into chaos." He said. "Is he yours?" Tommy asked pointing at the Polar Bear. "I don't own anybody Yoshi had an issue that he came to me with." Dolittle said. I walked over to Yoshi, "And what's that?" I asked. "He's always cold." "I understand ya bud." I said petting him. He groans as I scratched under his chin.

"I have an injured squirrel." Tommy said. "Oh you must be the brother." Dolittle said. "I don't know what to do." "How was he injured?" Dolittle asked. Tommy looked at me as I sat down wrapping my arm up quick. Yoshi and the Lion cub looked at me.

"I....I shot him." Tommy mumbled. "What I can't hear you." Dolittle said. "I shot him but it was an accident." "Of course an accidental firing-upon humans never change." I walked over, "You stay sitting." Dolittle said looking at me. "He's very hurt please help him." Tommy said. I grabbed the bag and put it in Dolittle's lap, "Take that." He said handing a ladle to Tommy. "And this." He gently held the squirrel. He gave the squirrel some air by doing mouth to mouth, "He's with us Dab-Dab, Jip light the lamps disinfect the surgery." Dolittle said. "You will not tend to a squirrel while the Queen of England's life hangs in balance." Lady Rose said. "Oh you don't know me very well do you?" Dolittle asked. "Don't drop him."

We went to a different room watching him help the squirrel, "What's he doing?" Lady Rose as Dr. Dolittle made animal noises. "He's talking to them in their language." Tommy and I said at the same time.

*Skip a while*

I sat down with the lion cub who was playing with my fingers, "Dolittle use to travel around the world look." Tommy said. "Sorry I am to caught up in cuteness." I said. "Ah rummaging through my private projects is it?" Dolittle asked. I rolled my eyes, "He's a young boy and his curious give him a break." I said. "Okay you are next and Kovu stop playing with her fingers she might get hurt don't want to stitch her again." Dolittle said. "You haven't even stitched me." I said.

"How is the squirrel?" I asked. "Well first things first the squirrel's name is Kevin expect a full recovery and after some violent grooming it's been decided we will accompany you to Buckingham Palace after all." Dolittle said turning looking at us.

Okay he's not bad looking but is still annoying, "After you help my sister she's hurt

Okay he's not bad looking but is still annoying, "After you help my sister she's hurt." Tommy said. "I am fine." I said stumbling back but Yoshi caught me. "Thanks Yoshi." I said. He mumbled, "Fine then you two are going back to whatever burrow you emerged from." He said. "Deal." I said. "No deal we're coming with you." Tommy said. "Okay we're going home after I get fixed." I said.

"Alli this is the first...." Tommy was saying when I pulled him away. "We're just gonna talk while you get everything set up." I said. "You know I don't like when you say Alli this is the first man you've seen since James." I mumbled. "He is and maybe he's the one you fall in l....." He was saying. "Don't say the L word." I said loudly. Lady Rose looked at me, "Alli you haven't been this way since you know....." He was saying. "What way I don't feel anyway towards him." I said.

"You looked him up and down." "I did not." "Did to." "Did not." "Did to." "Okay I love you but you know there's only one true love." I said. "Not true mum did't have me until my dad and she fell in love with him." "Please Alli just give him a chance to at least be friends." I looked up thinking, "No." I said shaking my head. "Are you two done cause I need to stitch you up." He said. "Yeah." Tommy said as I said no. "Yes she is." Tommy said pushing me over.

I stumbled and looked at Dolittle as he cleaned my arm, "How bad is it?" I asked. "Deep but you should heal." He said as he dab alcohol on it. I grabbed his free hand gasping, "Sorry." I said. "It's okay should've told you it would sting." He said.

I nodded and looked away from him and over at his wall, "Who's that?" I asked pointing at a picture on the wall. "Quit looking at my private stuff." He said. "You were married?" I asked pointing at the wedding ring necklace. "What you were married too huh?" He asked pointing at mine and James' ring. "I don't need to tell you about my personal life." I said. "Then I don't need to tell you about mine." He said.

"I was just trying to make conversation." I said. He rolled his eyes, "How about we don't talk to each other while you finish up." I said. "Finished." He said. "Thank god." I said as he wrapped my arm up. "Stubbins let's go." I said grabbing my brother. "Wait." "Try not to shoot anything on your way home." Dolittle said.

We got outside and Tommy stopped, "Please." He begged. I looked at him and held the crate for him, "Alli wait." Lady Rose said. I closed the trunk, "Yes?" I asked. "I over heard you and Stubbins you were married once to James Nolan the once great traveler?" She asked. "Yeah." I said. "Come with us." She said. "Oh that's so nice of you....." I was saying as she got in as did I. I watched from the window as Dolittle rode an Ostrich and felt something in between me and Lady Rose seeing the lion cub Kovu as we went to Buckingham Palace.