Let Me Sleep Beside You

Hello!

I'm so happy with the amount of reads this story has gotten to far!! And for those who have voted and commented, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate it. Your thoughts and suggestions and votes are all valued!

Hope you enjoy this next chapter...

***********************************************

She glared at us from behind the door. Angie was was beyond angered: she was hysterical.

"Well, it's nice to see my boyfriend kissing another girl on New Year's!" She shouted through her teeth.

"I'm Florence, oh, I'm so young and mediocre and a cute little fan... I've only met David once and know nothing about him but oh well... Let's give him a snog!" Angie snarled.

David started to say, "Hey, Angie, it's nothi-"

"Nothing? Kissing another girl? I want her out. Now!"

I was kind of disappointed that David was going to brush off our kiss as "nothing", but I guess in the circumstances, I should be less worried about that, and more about calming the hellfire in front of me. Besides, I wanted to be able to stay.

I asked if we could go outside the room, and she reluctantly followed.

I tried to reason with her, "Angie, can we work this out? I really want to stay here, at least for a while longer..."

"No! Get away! I'm David's girlfriend. Not you. I will be there when he needs me. And when I know he will be famous. Not you."

Something about what Angie said struck me. "When he needs me." Was it just coincidence that both times I had gone back to find David, he had needed me in some way or another? To cheer him up? I didn't know, but made sure to remember that if I ever get back.

"Well, I probably know more about him and his future than you do. I just want to stay. When the party is over, I'll go," I reply.

Angie stepped closer to me after I said that, and once again jabbed her fingernail into my shoulder. "You better watch it, Florence. I'm fine with him flirting about or whatever, but you are not going to stop me from riding his journey to stardom."

I was kind of stunned. Honestly, I didn't know what to do. I had never really gotten into any real fights before; I always stayed in the background, trying to be as least inflammatory as possible.

Before she could continue, however, the door behind us let out a small creak. David popped his cute little head out, his golden curls bobbing about his face. He smiled sheepishly at us, and then walked over.

Surprisingly, he stood next to me and said, "Angie. Just let her go. It's the seventies, come on! Live it up!" David then tugged my hand and pulled me back into the main room with all the drunken partygoers.

He pulled me over to a counter on the other side of the room, where alcohol was piled high, and cups were sprawled about. He poured two cups, and gave one to me.

I stared at the yellow liquid in the cup. "Ah, David, I'm sorry but I can't-"

"Happy New Year everyone, enjoy the night!" David shouted at the room, and everyone lifted their drinks high.

Reluctantly, I did the same, and when everyone drank, I did too. The beer tasted odd in my mouth, and gave me a weird warm feeling that spread to the rest of my body.

Was this illegal? Maybe. But then again, I had somehow travelled back in time for the second time, and am in a New Year's Eve party with David Bowie. I felt like legalities were the last thing on my mind.