Moonage Daydream

Ziggy Stardust was lying on my bedroom floor.

And I had no idea what to do next.

Not only had it been almost a year since I had time travelled, but now apparently David Bowie had time travelled himself. And to me, in 2017. And this had certainly never happened before.

For a moment I just sat at the end of my bed, looking at the ethereal space man in front of me. Yes, this David Bowie was not like the one I had left back in 1970.

His hair was so much shorter, and spiked up in a beautiful red fuzz. He wore eye makeup, and a golden circular orb in the middle of his forehead. It almost looked as if he had fallen asleep on my floor, all wrapped up in his large white kimono.

Quietly, I slipped off the bed and moved towards my idol, crouching in front of him. My hand lightly brushed his hair as I tried to look at his face. But then his eyes flicked open, and he jerked upright, coming suddenly back to consciousness.

Both of our heads collided straight-on, and we fell to the floor next to each other. He let out a cute, soft groan, and an even cuter British curse. When I looked back after a while, he was rubbing his head confusedly (the orb all smudged) and I had a deafening headache.

But it didn't matter. He may be clumsy, but he was my kind of clumsy. And David Bowie had time travelled to my room in the middle of the night. There were far more pressing issues than a bump to the head.

He was even more startled when he saw me; "Wait..." His eyes looked at my figure - the small, ordinary girl in her purple pyjamas, "Florence? Is it you? What is going on!?"

I honestly didn't know what or how to answer that question, but we had to talk. Maybe we could figure it out together. I replied, trying to stay calm and chirpy, "Yes, it's me. David! You are here... and some time has definitely passed since I last saw you Mr. Ziggy Stardust!"

He still seemed very disoriented, and had a dazed lilt to his voice, but he replied, "Yeah, it's been, what, 2+ years? Oh, and I'm... I'm uh... guessing then that you heard my single. Ziggyyy..."

He held "Ziggy" for a rather long time, as if his mind was in another place. But it took not much more than another second for him to all of a sudden snap to full consciousness.

He came fully to senses, and his stare fixed. He was no longer gazing somewhat through me, but looked me right in the eyes.

He spoke less confusedly, but still in that lovely accent I pined over, "Wait. Florence. If I'm with you, does that mean you've time travelled back again? Sorry but I must have been high or something because I certainly cannot remember how I got here..."

The Starman tried to sit up, but it was clear his vision was blurred by the action, and he had to lie back down. A slight smirk appeared on my lips as I saw him do this, "Hey there, David, don't worry. Don't get up too fast. When you time-jump it's a bit of a knock to the system."

I realised, as I looked down at the man below me, that this was the exact thing that had happened to me a year ago, when I had turned up unconscious at the London park. The first time I time travelled. The first time I met David.

And now he was here! In my room!

To break the silence that followed my comment, and to cure some of his confusion, I said, "David. I don't think this time I was the one time travelling," And I checked around my room - it definitely was still the same as I remembered, "I think you have travelled here. To 2016. Somehow."