One

Stiles never expected to be called Peter- sure, it was his middle name, but after refusing to respond to his first name for the first six years of his life, the nickname "Stiles" seemed to have stuck.

That was, until, the beginning of sophomore year, when Stiles got possessed by a strange Japanese spirit.

It didn't help that he didn't feel the same after he became "Void"- sure, his supernatural friends saved him from killing them and the rest of the town, but the damage had been done the second his head had been pushed under the icy water in order to save his father.

His father. The one who could barely look at him, the one who took up double shifts so he didn't see his son when he came home late at night and was gone before his son woke up before school. It hurt Stiles, but he knew that his dad thought it was best for himself, so he let their relationship be severed until the only times they saw each other on the rare occasions that Stiles was downstairs in the early mornings because he couldn't sleep.

So when his Aunt May, someone he hadn't even thought of in at least five years, reached out saying he could come live with her for awhile, he jumped at the opportunity. She later explained that she heard from Noah that he was having trouble at school and with the town, and they both thought it was best if he started somewhere new (although, this was never discussed between Noah and his son, only communicated through the aunt).

Stiles moved to New York City one week before winter break ended.

He would miss the pack, for sure, but he knew they didn't look at him the same. He knew instead of a witty, intelligent human, they saw someone who had the ability to build bombs and the need for chaos and pain and death. He knew they didn't mean to think those things, but it hurt when Isaac would flinch away from him or Derek didn't text him when he had a question about a certain supernatural creature, and instead texted Lydia, who was smart, just not as smart as Stiles was in the supernatural category.

Aunt May welcomed him with open arms into her cozy apartment; she wasn't sure what he would like, so she got some Star Wars posters for his room, remembering that he had loved those movies as a child. She allowed this child who showed up on her doorstep, solemn-faced and anxious at all times, to start a new life.

Two weeks later, after he took an entry exam and got settled into the quaint apartment in Queens, he began his new school, Midtown School of Science and Technology.

He decided to use his middle name instead, Peter, and go by Aunt May's last name, Parker.
And so, in a span of three weeks, Peter Parker was born.

And not three months later, Spiderman arrived.