Five

Hi Stiles, I know your in town. Come to the pack day today just to talk, you don't have to stay the whole day. We have stuff to tell you. Scott

Stiles looked at the text one last time. He wasn't exactly sure he was ready to face the whole pack at one time after only three days of being back in this place filled with memories, but it;s not like there was anything else he could do that day and he needed to find out more about this list thing.

It took him twenty minutes to reach the loft at half past eleven, as he decided to take his Jeep because he was not ready for the pack to find out about his spider powers. He climbed the familiar stairs up to the loft, taking a deep breath to calm his rising nerves before pulling open the old metal door to the loft.

All the silence he heard through the door quickly ceased as it rolled open all the way, leaving him to stand by himself in the doorway. He stared at them, slightly wide eyed, as they looked back at him, shocked that he even showed up.

They were all sprawled across several couches, all centered around one big TV that had some movie that Stiles recognized to be one of the Lord of the Rings movies.

"Hey," He said. "You guys know I hate it when you start the movies without me." With that sarcastic remark, Scott's face broke open into a smile, the rest of them laughing as Isaac reached forwards to pause the movie.

It was barely half a second after that until Lydia had jumped up, rushing to her old friend and wrapping her arms around him quickly in a tight hug. He looked shocked, staring at her strawberry blonde hair for a moment before hugging her back.

"Lydia," He greeted, his voice full of nostalgia as he said her name. She suddenly pulled away from the hug, one hand meeting Stiles' cheek with a loud smack as she slapped him quite hard.

He chuckled, stepping back as he rubbed his face with one hand, figuring he deserved it with the ghosting he had done to him. She had a strong arm, but he had felt worse, so it wasn't like it would affect him much.

"You left us!" She said, her voice full of accusation but also full of relief and happiness.

"Sorry about that," He said, a small smile gracing his face, looking past her to see his slowly advancing best friend. "Scott."

"Stiles," Scott sounded so relieved, so happy to have his friend back, and they joined together in a bone crushing hug (if Stiles wasn't spiderman, that might have actually happened), both sighing into the other whom they hadn't seen in forever.

Stiles began to greet the others, Malia saying hello with a punch to the gut and a tight hug, Isaac greeting him happily, Kira giving him a quick squeeze and Liam smiling at him anxiously, as they weren't the closest when Stiles had left, seeing as Liam had only been turned for two weeks at the time.

"It's nice to see you too, Derek." Stiles said sarcastically, gesturing to the only person who had yet to greet him.

"Where have you been?" Derek didn't sound mad, only curious to know where Stiles had disappeared off to.

"I went to New York City, lived with my aunt." Stiles explained, leaving it quite vague on purpose. "Now I heard there's something important you needed to tell me?"

There was a moment of silence shared by the connected pack, all of them glancing around as if they were silently deciding who was going to speak first.

"There's something called the deadpool." Kira began. "It's a list of all supernatural people in Beacon Hills, and it's being used so people can hunt us down and kill us for money."

"So you're all on the list?" Stiles asked, raising an eyebrow. He already knew all this information, he thought to himself.

"You're on it too." Isaac said, speaking up for the first time since Stiles had seen him. Stiles frowned, feigning confusion all too well.

"I'm not supernatural." Stiles said. This confused him slightly, because he didn't think being bitten by a radioactive spider was counted as supernatural exactly. Derek nodded, stepping forwards.

"We know," Derek said. "That's why we need to protect you." Stiles' frown deepened even further. He didn't want or need their protection.

"Why?" He asked, attempting to find a way out of this so-called protection. "If I'm the only human on the list, it's not like I'll be worth much, so people won't go after me, right?"

"That's the problem." Scott said. "You're worth the most out of all of us." Stiles looked at him, as if he was checking to make sure he was serious.

"There must've been an accounting error or something." Stiles said, resorting back to sarcasm. "Honestly, maybe they just put one too many zeroes."

"Even if it was, you can't protect yourself in an empty house." Derek said, his tone including something of finality and made Stiles worry about what he was going to say next. "We want you to stay at the loft, until everything is resolved."

"You want me to stay here?" Stiles asked, surprised at the request. "I thought you didn't like me?" It was an honest question, but Derek rolled his eyes, not taking it seriously.

"Thanks," Stiles began. "But what if I leave soon? They won't follow me across the country-"

"When are you leaving?" Malia asked, her voice still as demanding and curt as he remembered.

"The end of August, but that's not the point." Stiles said, realizing that his point did nothing but solidify their need for his protection, growing desperate as he realized they already made their decision, and he had no say in it (it wasn't like he was helping himself out of it either). "I can handle myself."

"But Stiles, this is a bunch of professional assassins looking to kill you. We don't even know if they're supernatural, so it's not like mountain ash can keep them out." Lydia said, and as soon as she opened her mouth, he knew there was no way he could say no to this. "You're staying here, and that's final."

Stiles groaned. He guessed he was going to figure out a better way to hide his suits away from the pack.