୨ piece of work (iggy x reader) ୧

((A/N: Header art by a vivi.zoo on Instagram! :DD))
FLUFF ! ˚
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵
-x-x-x-

"What do you want?" He huffed out, not even bothering to turn around from where he sat. The tap-tapping of keyboard keys was deafening. You puffed out your cheeks in annoyance before grabbing and attempting to spin the chair. It would've worked too if he hadn't have been so damn tall. "Go away," he spoke roughly, "I have work to do." He sighed heavily as you leaned on the chair.

"What if I don't want to?" You hummed and shook the top of the chair back and forth, laughing when he reached back and swatted at you. The tapping pausing for a moment.

"I said stop." He tried to sound intimidating.

Grinning you pushed against him a few times, making sure to push against his shoulders as well. Only pausing upon hearing a sound similar to a quiet growl. You pushed against him a bit more rough, trying to get him to turn around. Which turned out to be pointless. You huffed and whined. Why was it so hard to get his attention?

"Why you gotta be so mean?" You flicked his messy ponytail and stole his headphones, trying them on your head.

"Why do you have to be so annoying?" He muttered and snatched his headphones back. He put them on to where he couldn't hear you. You stopped instantly, offended at the comment.

"Hey!" You whined incredulously, pursing your lips and feigning a look of hurt. "That's mean."

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Blinking slowly, you sat up and rubbed your eyes. When had you fallen asleep? Grumbling nonsense to yourself, you got up and stretched. A yawn crawled its way up to your throat.

"Iggy?" You called quietly and upon hearing no response, you slowly made your way to the door. Opening it and looking out, you saw the hallway was empty. Sighing, you stepped out the door.

A jolt went down your spine when you set foot on the cold stone floor, and goosebumps soon covered your skin. You began to make your way to where you had left him to his work, rubbing your arms to get warmer.

It didn't take you long to get there but you were cold when you arrived. Faint music came from within. It was called a specific name but you just called it techno. You jiggled the door handle before walking in, squinting as bright light greeted you.

"You need to sleep." Your voice was still thick with sleep. He jumped out of his skin, making a noise similar to a hurt animal. He quickly spun around to face you, knocking his chair over in the process. His cheeks turned a faint pink.

"And you need to learn how to knock!" He made a face and turned back to face his electronic setup. Shaking his head, he reached out and turned down the music that was playing through some kind of speakers. Although you couldn't exactly see where the music was coming from.

"Were you doing something wrong?" You taunted, a sleepy grin on your face. He stood to attention, his spine rigid.

"Of course that's what your mind goes straight to." He said thickly before continuing to work.

"Ooh.." You walked forward and playfully leaned on his desk, staring at him intently. He watched you out of the corner of his eye, swallowing loudly. A cocky grin lit up your expression. "You sure? Sounded kinda like I embarrassed y-"

"Shut up." He gently knocked you with his arm, a tired grin on his face. You giggled and pushed him back. His face was still tinted pink. "Why are you even up? It's 2 in the morning." Your grin quickly turned into a frown, why was he still up? You knew he had a sleep schedule that was basically shit, but still. You worried about him if you were being honest.

"The real question is, why are you up?" He
scoffed at this.

"I asked you first."

"Well-" you gently grabbed his hand, "I woke up and wondered where my boyfriend was. Considering I haven't gotten any attention whatsoever today." You grinned playfully with the last statement. His fingers intertwined with yours and he sighed lightly, a guilty look on his face.

"You know I have a lot of work to do, sweetheart." You mumbled a quiet "I know". He made a sound of pity. "I bet you do." His thumb gently brushed over your cheek.

He fell back into his chair before beckoning you over to him by tapping his lap.

"Come here, honey."

You walked over and gladly straddled his waist. His hands rested comfortably on your hips. Planting a gentle kiss to your forehead, he smiled warmly.

"I know I'm really busy whenever you come around, and I can't apologize for that. It's something I can't control." He cupped your cheek. "One thing I can control, however..."