୨ enough is enough (ludwig x reader) ୧

ANGST! ˚
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

You lightly rapped your knuckles on the door, the loud noise echoing through the empty corridor. Crossing your arms, you drummed your fingers against the thin fabric that covered your bicep. A soft sigh left you as your eyebrows drew together. You reached up and knocked again.

"Anyone in there?" You inquired loudly. The loud swish of fabric and the heavy sound of footfalls answered. A small spark ignited in your stomach, although you weren't sure what it was.

The door opened a crack, a cloudly purple eye peeked out from beyond.

"I'd assume so." The eye croaked, followed by the ghost of a laugh. The door creaked as it was pulled open all the way. You awkwardly stared at the form in front of you.

"Uhm... Can I come...?" He stepped aside, offering you a smile. It didn't reach his eyes. You stepped in with an expression similar to a grimace. The door clicked quietly behind you.

Your eyes widened at the scene. Stars, you thought, what happened here? His piano, his prized possession, was covered in papers. More papers were scattered and hastily thrown into piles around the floor. You swallowed down the comments that fought their way up.

"Uh... how've you been?" A laugh died in your throat as you cleared it. He didn't respond. You turned to face him. His eyes were locked onto you, a strange look on his face. "Hey, are you okay?" Concern crept into your voice as you took a couple of steps towards him.

"Oh? Mhm." A distracted answer. You tilted your head and bit your lip as you slipped your hands into his. He pulled away and pushed past you. The bed creaked from behind you.

You stood at the door for a few seconds, debating whether or not you should leave him be. A slightly annoyed sound left you as you rubbed your temples. Taking a deep breath, you turned to face him. A pang of something, pity maybe, occurred in your chest.

His head was in his hands, his hands lightly massaging his temple. You walked over to the bed and crawled onto it, carrying yourself to behind him. You started to gently knead his shoulders. He tensed up further at your touch but made no attempt to move away.

"Luddy, what's going on?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He sighed out, an annoyed tone bled into his voice.

"Alright... Is there anything you would like to talk about?"

"No." He said something else but it was too quiet for you to make out what it was. "Not really."

"Hmm. Is there anything that I could do to help?"

"You could s-" He huffed and leaned forward into his hands. "You could leave me alone, as I requested to be." You frowned and sat up.

"I'm sorry, I'm worried about you-"

"I don't need you to be worried about me!" He shot up. "I didn't ask you to worry about me-" He was interrupted by a cough, a pained look on his face. His voice was hoarse when he continued. "I'm sorry but I don't want to be worried about."

You sighed and pushed the hair out of your face. Of course, you were worried but you didn't know why he was making such a big deal about it.

"I-" You trailed off. "Was it the thing about the ship getting destroyed?" A look of surprise followed by the furrowing of his brows.

He scoffed.

"Of course not. It's not like I'm not used to it... especially with those damn sh-" he caught himself, "-those plumbers doing it almost routinely."

"Oh okay... Well, there seems to be more going on, but I know you said you didn't want to talk about it..." You bit your lip as you traced random shapes in the sheets.

Several long moments passed between you, filled with tense silence. Only broken by the sound of him shuffling over to the corner of the room, where a large desk sat.

From where you sat, you could only see that several books lay open on the face of it. There was something else but he quickly slipped it into a drawer before you could see what it was.

You sighed before opening your mouth to say something. He cut you off.

"Yes. To answer you, there is more going on that I won't be revealing to you for various reasons of my own. And No, I don't want to talk about it."

"Oh..." You made a sound similar to one you'd make at a hurt animal. "Well, have you been doing any better...?"

"Is this the only reason your here?" He hissed coolly. "I don't want you here if all you're going to do is play therapist."

You scoffed.

"I'm just concerned-"

"I don't need you to be. I'm old enough to care for myself."

"I'm not saying that-"

"It doesn't matter."

That's when you broke. All the things that had been working their way up, all burst out at once.

"Oh, so you're allowed to wallow around for days on end in here, doing nothing but lazing around. You're allowed to act like all this-" you gestured to the state of the room, "all this, is because of some 'thing' you made up. Some 'disorder' that gives you reason to not do anything for weeks. Then you get pissed at me for trying to call you out on your bullshit. Not only that, but when I'm worried about you, you throw your 'depre-"

"Enough." It was near silent, but it wasn't a plead, it was an order. An order that you weren't gonna take.

"No! Who do you think you are?! You aren't 'entitled', you don't get to just boss me around and blow me off-"

"I said ENOUGH!" He slammed his hands down on the desk and spun around to face you. "Get out. I'm done with this. I'm done with you. You." He pointed a shaking hand at you. "Get. Out."

Your eyes teared up.

"No please, Luddy, I'm sorry-"

"Out!"

You slowly got up off the bed and sulkily walked towards the door. Putting your hand on the doorknob, you twisted your head to peer at him.

"Luddy."

"What."

"I love you..."

He was quiet. His voice wavered when he answered.

"Please leave."