Chapter 6

I felt water being poured on my face but I refused to wake up for I knew I had nothing going through my head about the current situation.
I sighed and felt the men lift me off my feet. I open my eyes and see Papi leaning over my seat and staring at me.
I push my chair out and tumble to the ground. The men move towards me but I yell utter rubbish at them making them freeze.
"Maria?" I look towards Papi and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Too many things went on in my mind at the same time. Hate, pain, surprise, relief, confusion and so on but I couldn't put either in words.
He moved towards me not I slid away until my back was harshly pressed against books.
"Maria please listen to me" he says sinking to the ground.
"That's how you got me the phone" I whisper out and lift myself off the ground.
I toss the back across the room and laugh.
"This is your life away from us" I laugh and move towards the door.
The men follow behind me but I put a hand up.
"I'm suddenly too tired to listen to what you have to say."
"Guards take her upstairs" he claps and men are suddenly at my side.
"No I'd rather sleep in my little bed in a squashed house than sleep in the house of one I thought I could trust"
I snatch my hands away and storm out of the door.
They follow me but I run out of the house towards the gate. A bunch of men block my way and I have to hit my way through the gate.
I dash around the corner and Alexander is there pacing about with his hand in his hair.
"Princess!" He yells as I fall to the ground in tears.
He bends low and wraps me in his arms.
"I'm so sorry I did not know" he whispers in my ear as he pays my head.
I chuckle and he stares down at me.
"Princess I'm really sorry. If I had just done it myself, I don't even know why I sent you.... and my dad is a prick..."
I put a hand on his face to silence him and he chuckles.
"Princess you're crazy, I mean who says they're tired in that kinda situation."
"Hey you!"
We look up and see men running to us.
"I guess it's time to take you hostage my damsel in distress" he says lifting me off my feet and putting me in his lap as he drove quickly and might I say not safely away.

"Princess, wake up princess"
"Stop calling my sister that"
"And what should I call her?"
"Her name is Maria but we call her Aria"
"Just shut up already" I moan opening my eyes to see Andre and Alexander on the edge of my bed.
Alexander claps his hands and looks at Andre.
"You owe me a rematch"
"You're on!" Andre yells before dashing out of my room.
"What was that about?" I rub my head sitting up.
"We bet that you wouldn't wake up unless I sat on your bed and I said that you would so he's owes me a rematch on FIFA"
I shake my head.
Boys.
"So how you doing princess?"
I look up and scream just realizing who he was and what had happened. I kick him off my bed and jump on him punching him hard. He grabs my hands and I struggle but he keeps them together.
"Woah there princess"
He lifts me off him and I snatch myself away dusting myself off.
"I'm sorry I just realized everything that happened." I sigh and sit back on my bed.
"I don't know what to do" I close my eyes and thread my fingers through my hair.
I feel him sit down next to me but he doesn't say a thing.
"He was always there for us..." i start, "when he and my mama went their separate ways he always came to visit, he said we couldn't come to live with him because he wasn't doing well financially. My mama started sleeping with different men and she gave birth to Graciela. Graciela still doesn't know that we don't share the same papi. He would buy us little presents like small toys or notebooks but they always made us smile." I sigh and turn to him.
"And do you know the worst part of all this?"
He stares down at me and I chuckle.
"He told me that he was living a worse life as a plumber, he never mentioned drug dealing, why would he? He didn't mention that he was a rich man. He didn't even give us enough when we were desperate in need." I clean a tear, "I always believed though because I thought he only worked for us."
I slid down to the floor and let the tears fall silently down my face.
"Princess you didn't have to..."
"I wanted to" I whisper as he slides down beside me.
I put my head on his chest and close my eyes.
"You know you're going to have to face him," he whispers in my ear.
I nod and bite my lip.
"Why don't we go and have that rematch."
I feel his chest erupt as he burst out laughing.
"You're one of a kind princess, one of a kind."