•One•

Only a slight breeze blew, that was all it took for Kalea's entire arm to be covered in goosebumps. She shuddered and buttoned up her cardigan, folding her arms as she looked around. It was a pretty chilly night. Not many cars passed by, but people were roaming all over the streets. Some had beers and fast food boxes in their hands as they walked about. That was the norm in Sanzborough, especially on a Friday night. She felt a tap on her arm.

   "Kalea, stop daydreaming. We're next up." said her best friend, Emily.

   She had barely even noticed how much faster the line was moving now. Perhaps the manager called out a few more bouncers to get the line flowing.

   '88 Paces' was definitely the place to be on Fridays. The nightclub had recently opened up in their town, and like all new things, it was heavily patronized. Since they only opened on weekends, it was an ideal spot to go after a long day at work. The building was always packed with people partying like animals on the inside, while the others waited in a long line outside eager to join them. All the seniors at her school have been there and bragged about it, so she and Emily decided to check it out for themselves.

   Kalea opened her purse and pulled out her ID that read 'Kasey Ondacovr' and showed it to the bouncer. The man furrowed his brows, looked at her and then at the card and back at her again. Kalea smiled awkwardly. She knew using fake IDs wouldn’t work. Who would believe that she was 23? She looked 14 at best.

   Surprisingly, the bouncer sighed and shook his head before stepping aside. "I don't get paid enough for this. Have a good night, Ms Ondacovr and friend." He said with a sarcastic expression. Emily and Kalea could've hardly contained a scream as they ran inside the building before the bouncer changed his mind.

  Colorful lights flashed all about illuminating the darkness. People were everywhere, frolicking to the EDM music that was blasting from speakers all over the spacious room. It was madness, and it was amazing.

   "Wanna head over to the bar and get some drinks?" Kalea said loudly in Emily's ears. The older girl nodded. They slowly eased their way through the crowd of drunken people jamming against one another, making sure to stay close to each other until they found the bar. They sat on the two vacant bar stools and hailed the bartender, who looked like he was a college student just trying to pay for his tuition by working on busy nights like these.

   "I'll take two strawberry daiquiris, Sir." Kalea said casually.

   The boy scoffed. "Don't you wanna drink something that you could handle at your age? Maybe like a Club Soda or something?"

   Emily took out her ID and showed it to the bartender. "Look. It clearly says here that I'm of age."

   "What the-? That's the fakest fake ID I've ever seen. How did you even get in here with that?"

  Emily and Kalea exchanged the same knowing look and shrugged. 

   He sighed. "Look, either you take the Club Sodas and keep quiet, or I call security. What's it gonna be?"

   "I'd say neither." Someone interrupted. A tall and surprisingly hot guy approached them and leaned on the counter. "If these ladies say they want 2 strawberry daiquiris, then it's only fair to serve them just that, right? After all, it’s your job."

   "What? But they..." The boy scoffed and sighed, "I really don't get paid enough for all this. Do y’all want those frozen or shaken?"

   Before they could answer, the guy chuckled. "Actually..." His beady eyes examined Kalea and then Emily and hummed, "Appletini for the cherry blonde who showed you her ID and a White Sangria for the pretty one next to me." The bartender nodded and began to prepare the beverages.