Everybody Knows

The world they lived in was scary sometimes. They both adored their jobs, and they enjoyed being able to inspire those to pursue their dreams or, in Tom's case, donate to something as important as foundations and charities, like his Brother's Trust campaign.

The downside?

They were in the public eye, and in turn, were under constant scrutiny from those who took things too far.

Paparazzi, media outlets, toxic fans. You name it, they have said it.

The one thing in their lives that was sacred, was their relationship. When Tom and Y/N made their relationship official, they decided to keep it on the down-low. The extreme down-low.

They were both up-and-coming actors, Tom with his role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Y/N with her role as Nancy Wheeler in Stranger Things.

They adored each other, but they also knew that the critics would eat them alive the minute their relationship went public.

"Can you believe we've been together for almost a year and a half?" She asked as they lay together on the lawn of her backyard.

The stars were shining above them and her hands were toying with his long fingers.

"The toughest year and a half of my life," Tom gasped dramatically, releasing a yelp when she smacked him on the chest.

"You ass!"

"You love it," he wiggled his brows at her, giggling as she pressed her lips to his.

Little did they know, Harrison was filming a video on her back deck, where the two of them were in perfect view of the camera.

The light from the deck some bright enough to make out the two figures that rest together on the grass, engaged in a lip lock that could rival the most passionate in a romantic movie.

The quarantine had them all holding up in Y/N's house, and she had to admit, the close quarters with Tom made her wish they were able to be public. And that they were able to live together.

For now, the fans and media simply knew that they were all staying together as fans.

Until they both woke the next morning with messages from their publicists, and thousands more social media notifications than they usually did.

"Oh, shit," Tom woke first, and the minute his eyes trailed over the message from his publicist he jolted upwards, the force sending Y/N, who was asleep on his chest, rolling towards the edge of the bed and hitting the ground with a dull thud.

A groan sounded from beside the bed, "there better have been a good reason for that, or I will smack you in the balls, Thomas."

Her phone was going crazy on the bedside table, and he watched as a hand reached up and pulled the device downwards.

It was seconds before a head rose up quickly and there was a look of fear in her eyes.

"Okay, darling, darling, please don't freak out," he knew where her mood was heading before she could even react.

"I'm not going to freak out..." her voice trailed off.

"Darling?"

"Harrison! I am going to cut your finger off!" Her voice echoed through the house, waking all of the other men in their designated rooms.

~~~~~~

"Am I crazy, or are people actually supportive of our relationship?" Y/N couldn't help herself. She scrolled through all of the comments on Harrison's video.

There were the obvious negative comments that sent Tom's blood pressure sky rocketing and her own eyes pricking with tears, but for the most part, there was a sense of support and happiness flooding both the comment section and their respective DM's.

"Does this mean I can be one of those boyfriends and post thousands of pictures of my girl on Instagram?"

She sent him a half-hearted glare.

"Even if I say no, you would still do it," as she finished her sentence, she received a notification on Instagram.

Tomholland2013 has tagged you in a post.

"I hate you," she deadpanned, unlocking her phone in an instant and scanning the long winded caption.

She couldn't help the blush that rose to her cheeks as she flicked through the photos of the two of them.

Her favourite was the last one in the post. A photo of her and Tom kissing with Tessa sitting at their feet.

Her little family.

"I love you too, darling," he sent her a wink, watching as her smile grew wider with each photo she passed.

"Remind me to thank Harrison later," she whispered, throwing her phone aside as she tackled him into a heated kiss.

~~~~~~
Tom was conducting one of the many Instagram lives that he and Harrison had planned.

Y/N took it upon herself to stay away from the camera this time.

Despite the mostly positive comments they had received, there was still the fear of the negative comments.

Unfortunately, this time, Tom simply needed a cup of tea. He couldn't make it himself, nor could he get one of the guys to make it for him. No, he needed a tea specifically made by Y/N.

The minute she handed it to him, only her fingers gracing the camera, a shit-eating grin erupted on Tom's face and he sent her a wink with a grateful, "ah, thank you, love."

Within milliseconds the comment section was blowing up faster than it did before.

"Oh my god!!! Is that Y/N????"

"My favourite ship"

"MUM, DAD? IS THAT YOU??"

"Thomas, your time is over. Put Y/N on."

"WE WANT Y/N"

"Wow, one show of her fingers and you all don't want me anymore," Tom pouted at the camera, feigning wiping a tear from his eye.

Gathering her courage, she took a seat next to Tom, taking the phone from his fingers as he pretended to sob.

"Move over, Thomas. It's my time to shine," she grinned at him, and he looked back at her.

His eyes were shining with emotion, one she had come to know as love.

She truly adored the man in front of her, and nothing warmed her heart more than knowing that everybody knew she was his, and he was hers.

"I love you," he said for all to hear, and she ducked her head to hide the blush forming.

"I love you too, you dickhead."