Strawberries and Cigarettes

His heart nearly stopped when he received the message asking to meet with her.

He hadn't heard from her in so long, and he jumped at the chance to meet the girl he was fated for.

The strong stench of nicotine filled his lungs, as strong as an ecstasy trip, it always took him back to his time spent with her.

The blue eyed wonder that captivated him in seconds and left him needing more after a single taste.

She was as addictive as the cigarettes that she tasted like, and he found himself hooked on her like a drug.

The day they met was forever ingrained in his mind, she was his neighbor. Next door to be exact, and they met when she stuck her head over the wooden fence that separated their back yards.

Remember when we first met? You said, "Light my cigarette"

Immediately, he was captivated by the intense mysteriousness that danced around her ocean blue eyes

As if sparking a new flame, she smirked at him, "Light my cigarette?" She nodded towards the match box that rested next to his fathers barbecue. "Mum hid my lighter."

He was skirted, stumbling over his words as he introduced himself.

"Tom?" She seemed to think over his name for a minute before fixing him with a grin that sent his heart flipping, "I like it. I'm Y/N."

He couldn't draw his eyes from the way her black framed eyes closed as she took a drag of the cigarette, and the way her pink stained lips closed so delicately around the stick.

"Up for a walk? I'm dying to get away from my mother and I could use something nice to look at," she winked at him and he blushed intensely under her strong gaze.

He flicked his eyes between her and his house, knowing his parents wouldn't let him go out with somebody he only just met.

"Jump the fence," she ordered, laughing at the confused look he gave her. Tom wanted to hear more of that sound. "Your parents, right? Jump the fence, we will be back before they notice you're gone."

He knew he shouldn't have, but there was something commanding about the way she spoke, and he found himself following the nicotine soaked girl into her backyard and out into the streets.

I jumped the fence and I ran. But we couldn't go very far cause you locked your keys in your car.

They found themselves at a park not far from their houses, the late Sunday evening clearing the area to near desolate, bar the teenagers that sat together on deserted swings.

"I would have drove us here, but in a moment of intelligence I locked my bloody keys in the car," she chuckled, pulling a chapstick from her pocket and dabbing it onto her pink lips.

Tom followed the movement closely with his eyes.

They spoke for what felt like hours, laughing and debating every topic they could think of, from music to superhero's to the dangers of smoking.

Tom found himself taking in her appearance more and more. Eyes resting between the black jeans that hugged her legs so perfectly, to the way her hair fell over her shoulders and the pink lips that captivated him with every syllable that dropped from her tongue like sugar syrup.

He found himself staring into her deep eyes, watching as the cerulean focused on his face. His lips specifically.

Until she leaned forward and connected with him.

So you sat and stared at my lips and I could already feel your kiss.

The smell of nicotine brought back so many memories.