Whipped

Tom couldn't pin point one thing that attracted him to Y/N.

She was popular, but also kept to herself and kept her circle small. She was kind, intelligent, beautiful, charismatic. She volunteered to help teachers regularly, she was a student tutor and she was the head of the school formal committee. And she did all of that while maintaining perfect grades and with the most enchanting smile on her face.

Tom was rarely able to draw his eyes away from the girl, even when his best friend Harrison was chatting his ear off.

"Tom?" Haz asked, noting the silence that followed his question of what they planned to do that weekend.

Instead, the brown eyed boy was too busy focusing his gaze on the girl who stood across the hall from them.

"Thomas?" Haz tried again, sighing deeply. Tom was in a trance, and there was only one way to get his attention. A soft thud sound echoed in the somewhat quiet hallway followed by a groan from the brunet boy who was holding his ear.

"What the fuck was that for?" He scowled at his taller friend, holding his ear that experienced a hard slap.

"You're so whipped. It's painful to watch," Harrison snorted, flicking his blue eyes between his best mate and the girl who was waving goodbye to her friends and heading towards her locker. That was exactly across from Tom's.

Tom blushes, snapping his eyes to her form with hopes that she didn't overhear the conversation, "I-I am not."

"Sorry, I don't speak racehorse," Harrison chuckled, halting his actions when he noticed the confused look on his friends face. "Yknow, whipped? Because race horses are whipped?" He made a 'kachow' sound, and threw his arm in a whipping motion.

Tom rolled his eyes, "Mate, how do you manage to get more lame with each passing day?"

"You love me and you know it."

Tom groaned in reply, but froze when he caught the eyes of the girl across from them.

She smiled brightly, waving at the pair and Harrison had to nudge Toms shoulder to get him to wave back.

When he did, he did it with a goofy grin stretched across his lips.

"Okay, that's it." Harrison turned his body completely towards his friend. "50 quid. Hi ask her to the dance."

Tom paled. He could never work up the courage to ask Y/N out. She was far too good for him. She hardly spoke to him and when she did, she always stuttered as if she had somewhere else to be, saving more people or helping other students.

She would reject him. He knew it.

"Mate, you've been obsessed with her for three years. It's our last year, if you don't make your move then I'll make it for you," haz sighed, getting ready to call out for the girl.

"No, no, no. Harrison don't-"

"Hey, Y/N?" Harrison called, catching the attention of the girl. "Tommy wants to talk to you."

The man was shoved across the hall, stumbling over his feet and catching himself on the locker next to hers.

Y/N watched as the boy who she had admired for almost a year and a half was shoved towards her. He stumbled over his feet and grinned nervously at her in a way that made her heart pound.

She had it bad, and everybody could see it, or so her best friend, Tilly, said.

"Hey, Tom," she praised any deity that was listening that she didn't stumble over her words like she always did. For that very reason, every conversation she had with him was cut short by her practically running away in embarrassment.

"H-Hey, Y/N." He stretched his arm up to rest his hand on the top of the locker next to hers. Y/N took a second to admire how good he looked that day, and to fuss over the proximity between the two. "How you doing?"

She giggled at his attempts to act nonchalant, and she had to stop herself from fidgeting at the mere sight of the boy standing so close to her. And looking so good.

"I'm good, you?"

"Good, good."

They both heard Harrison groan from the other side of the hall, and Y/N could faintly make out him whisper something that sounded like "awkward dickhead, he is."

"I, Uh, I have something I wanted to talk to you about," Tom trailed off and Y/N found herself focusing on the depth of his chocolate brown eyes.

He was beautiful from a distance, but she had never gotten this close to him before. She was suddenly planning to lecture her past self if she ever went back in time.

He was a sight that could make her weak in the knees.

Tom mumbled something, and when Y/N didn't answer he grew self conscious. The girl was just staring into his eyes with no acknowledgement that he spoke.

"Uh, Y/N?" His words snapped her from her reverie, and she flushed under his gaze.

"I'm so sorry! What was it that you said?" He held back a giggle at the pink tinge to her cheeks and the way her eyes avoided his. He didn't know it, but she knew if she looked at the chocolate orbs again, she would be lost.

"If you're not free, a-and you want to, you don't have to, but if you want to would you maybe, if you want, go to the dance with me? Please? If you want that is. If not then that's perfectly fine, I'll just go back to staring at you from the other side of every room I'm in with you," he was rambling, not paying attention to the (meant to be) internal monologue spilling from his lips. "Shit, I said that out loud."

Y/N couldn't contain her giggles at the boy. Her flush had transferred to him and her heart was racing at the thought of him devoting so much time to pay attention to her. She couldn't quite fathom the idea that Tom Holland would want to go to the dance with her.

"Oh, um, you sure?" Was her reply through giggles.

Tom's face took on a discouraged expression, and he nodded seriously. "Yes, I'm sure. I'd like to go to the dance with you."

She had to fight the smile that was threatening to take over the lower half of her face.

"I would love that, Tommy."

"Really?" He gaped at the girl, no longer leaning against the lockers in an attempt to look cool.

"Yeah, I really would," she pressed a kiss to his cheek. "I'll text you and we can work out details."

He watched as she walked away, steps graceful and light as she let the smile encompass her face once she was out of his view.

He had it bad for Y/N, and she had it bad for him.

"Thank fuck for that! I think the whole school has been waiting for that to happen," Harrison cheered, earning the finger from his best mate.

"Yeah, yeah, gimme that 50 quid."