16: Bottom Of My Heart

Hiroshi carried a drenched and asleep Honoka into her house. Yukiho and her parents rushed out and looked at her worriedly.

"Thank goodness she returned home safely." Her mother muttered before looking at Hiroshi, "I can't thank you enough, Hiroshi-chan. Thank you so much for bringing my daughter home in one piece. We were so worried sick for her. We actually thought something happened to her."

"She needs some emotional support." Hiroshi told them, "Her boyfriend cheated on her, and right now, she's feeling really shitty. The girls in µ's will cheer her up, but I do hope you guys could show some concern too. She really needs it during this period of time."

"Understood." Yukiho replied, "Where's Umi-chan, though? I thought she was the one who went to find my sister."

"I'm sending her home soon." Hiroshi responded, "She's in my car now. If there's nothing else, I'll see you guys soon." He then went back into his car and went off.

He drove to Umi's house and carried her into her room. He placed her down on his bed and let his body fall onto the floor. He is certainly exhausted from piggybacking her. She is indeed quite heavy, and he hasn't work out in years ever since he became The Man.

He looked at her. She is equally as drenched as Honoka. When Umi and Honoka didn't return, he asked Kotori where they might be at. She told him that Umi was finding Honoka at a specific nightclub. He drove there, just to see Umi fainting in front of him when she tried to stand up. He rushed out and brought the two of them in the car one by one. He saw that Umi had cracked lips and shrivelled fingers, which meant she was she didn't drink enough water.

He looked around for a towel, which he managed to find it on a chair in her room. He dried her hair, hands, and legs with it before putting it back. He switched the fan on and blew it towards her.

He went to the kitchen and poured water into a glass. He took it to Umi and poured the water in her mouth. He then pushed her body up gently and tilting her throat upwards lightly, allowing the water to go down her throat naturally. He slowly laid her body on the bed and covered her body with her blanket.

He dragged his feet to the living room and sat on the sofa. By now, he is already dead tired. He could go back home right now, but he has a few reasons he don't want to. If he were to drive now, he might get into an accident, considering that he might doze off while driving. Besides, he wouldn't be able to sleep at his own home.

He lied on the sofa, closed his eyes, and slept. He took a few minutes adjusting himself to it, but once he is comfortable, he fell asleep immediately. This time, he didn't dream of any bad things. He slept so peacefully throughout the night.

The next morning, Umi woke up with the sun shining right at her face. She yawned and looked around. She is in her room, which surprised her. She remembered she was in the rain for hours, hugging a crying Honoka. She also recalled that when she tried to stand up, she fainted due to dehydration.

She got out of bed and went to the living room, where she saw Hiroshi sleeping soundly on the sofa. She smiled at him, knowing that he took care of her last night. She is very thankful for it. She wore her jogging attire, and then went out of the house.

--µ's--

An hour later, Hiroshi got up and stretched his arms and legs. He's finally relieved he got a full night's sleep without any nightmares. His neck is pain and his legs feel a bit sore, but he'd rather have that than to be reminded of the past in his dreams.

He went to the kitchen, took out a cup, and poured some water in it. As he is drinking in, Umi came back from her jog. She held a plastic bag and skipped to him, "Good morning, Hiroshi-san."