Chapter 2

Dixie's POV

I pull into the ALDC LA car park, just in time to see a blonde haired girl step out the doors, shading her eyes from the sun and looking around worriedly. I pull up to the doors and yell to her, "Get in loser, we've got places to be."

She smiles, shoving her ridiculously huge dance bag in the trunk and hopping into the car. "How come you're here?" She asks "I thought mum was picking me up."

"Ok so about that," I take a breath and brace myself, "Mom and dad had to go back to England and couldn't take you cause you were still at dance so I said that I'd pick you up and take you back to the hype house."

I inhale deeply and look at Ivy for a reaction. She's blank for a second, probably trying to understand my outburst, then her face changes into one full of anxiety.

"You did what?" She asks quietly.

I start the engine back up and begin to drive. "Look I had no choice, they've already left and mom said that you're too young to stay at the apartment alone for however long they'll be in England for."

Ivy starts to shake and her breathing quickens. "No absolutely not, I am not going there, no way." I look over to see her eyes brimming with tears, and struggling to breathe.

"Ivy, hear me out-" I start but I get cut off.

"Dixie, absolutely not. You and Charli are famous, or whatever you can call tiktok people, cause I think famous is an overstatement. This started in the summer, now it's December. No one knows about me, and I want it to stay this way. If they know about me, they need an explanation, and I'm not telling my messed up life-story to a bunch of people that spend their perfect lives in-front of a camera." Ivy looked down and began to play with her fingers, worry etched across her face.

"Ivy, please just listen," I pause and when there's no interruption, I continue, "You don't have to tell them anything until you're ready too. You don't have to talk, me and Charli both remember sign, so you can use that if you want. We're not saying that we have to tell the internet, just the house and potentially the Sway boys cause they come over quite a lot. No one else." I look over at her face and see that she's calmed down.

"Promise?" She asks in a small voice. 

I grin and laugh like an idiot.
"I promise."

Ivy smiles and I can tell that she has news to share. "Alright, what do you want to say? And don't say nothing, cause that smile says otherwise."

She chuckles and replies, "Ok, so you know how competition season is starting soon at dance? Well today, Gianna said that Miss Abby said that when I go back to England I'm going to compete under the ALDC's name. And I got a new solo!"

"You did? That's great, well done!"

"But that's not even the best part, cause guess what my costume is? Drum roll please," Ivy stops talking and starts hitting the dashboard, "Ready?" I nod in response. "It's in a straight jacket!"

"I- how the heck are you gonna do that? I mean I'm not saying that you won't be able to do it, but like isn't it dangerous? You won't be able to use your arms, will you?"

She nods happily, "That's why Miss Abby chose me to do it, she said that if anyone could do it, it'd be me! "

"Dude that's great congrats! I already know that you're gonna win." I can see how much this means for her. Sometimes Ivy feels like she needs to prove herself, which she doesn't because she's literally incredible at everything. In her eyes, this solo would be the perfect way to show her teachers that she can do whatever is thrown her way.

"Yeah, I hope I do," Ivy goes quiet and I look over to see her fiddling with her hair-bobble. "I just wish that you and Charli could see it. When are you next gonna be in England?"

I sigh. "I'm not sure yet, our schedules are pretty packed, but we'll try our hardest to watch it, because it sounds pretty awesome." We fall silent for a while, me focusing on the road and Ivy looking out the window.

"Wait, Dixie, how long am I going to be staying with you guys? Because I don't have any clothes or the rest of my dance stuff with me." Ivy breaks the silence and I sit and think.

"I'll stop at the apartment in a minute so you can grab what you need and then we'll go to the house. The house is like fifteen minutes from the apartment so it'll be fine."

MAY SPEAKS
honestly the worst
part about editing
is having to see all
the old cringed a/n's
dont forget to vote
and comment, and
i'll see you in the
next chapter!