Chapter 3

Ivy's POV

Dixie and I arrive at the apartment complex. The apartment we have there isn't very big but it doesn't need to be, as we only go there when we have business in LA. Since Dixie and Charli joined the Hype House I haven't really been  to America, let alone LA. When I am in LA, I spend a majority of my time in the dance studio. I always feel out of place here, and when I'm in the studio, it's like I'm back in England or Connecticut, like I'm safe at home.

"Ok, so just grab the stuff you need, and then we'll get going again," Dixie says, breaking me out of my thoughts, "We can always come back here, but pack enough clothes for at least two weeks, and if you got set any homework for over Christmas, grab that else you'll be doing it the plane ride home."

I scoff, "What type of teacher would set work over Christmas? That's just messed up." I walk round the room, picking shoes up from where I dropped them.

"Oh, so you don't have any homework to do? That'll be a first cause I doubt that you did it on the flight here." Dixie rolls her eyes and picks a new pair of pointe shoes off the floor, "Also, do you need these?"

I look over and think. "Um, yeah I think so, pop them in the suitcase please." I lower my voice and look at the floor, "And I have Latin."

"Imagine having to do Latin," she snorts.

"That's an English grammar school for you, but that's not the point. The point is, that I really don't want to do it and I'm dropping it next year so I have no need for it." We fall back into a silence, and I walk around the apartment trying to find what I need.

I look over to a portable barre, turning spot, yoga mat and more dance stuff. "Dix, can you help me carry these?" A look passes over her face that I've learned to recognise over the six years I've lived with the D'Amelios, "Before you ask if that's really necessary, the answer is yes. I need it for when I stretch and do technique in the mornings." Dixie huffs and walks over. "Alright, now all I need is clothes and sketch books."

"All the normal things for a person to take with them!" Dixie yells as she takes stuff down to the car.

"Having that much dance stuff is normal!" I shout back, shoving clothes into a suitcase.

Fifteen minutes later, I have everything I need packed in the car, and we're on our way to the Hype House. The radio's on, but I sit in silence, mulling things over in my head.

"Can you tell me more about the house please? I don't really know anything about it, other than the fact that it's a rip off Team 10."

"Sure," Dixie snorts, "There's nineteen people there, I think. They come and go but they're all super nice and I'm sure you'll like them. Me and Char will introduce you to them when we get there. Thomas is the leader, sometimes he can be a bit scary in just the way that he acts, but I promise you he's not. Daisy and him argue sometimes, but the rest of the time they're all buddy-buddy and we just act like nothing happened."

I nod in response. "Who will I like?" I ask, "Like, I'm sure everyone's nice but who you think I'll be myself around?"

Dixie hums, thinking. "You'll like Avani," she says, "Oh, and Addison."

She blushes slightly, so I reach over and poke her cheek. "Dix, you're blushing," I screech, "Do you like her?" I'm openly bisexual, I go to an all girls school, so no big surprise there, but Dixie has only told our family that she's bi.

"No, why would think that? Addi's one of my best friends and she has a thing going on with Bryce, he's one of the Sway boys. Anyway, speaking of 'things'," she says  quickly, and I know that she's lying but decide not to say anything, knowing that I'll bring the topic back up later, "Charli has a something going on with Chase so just go with that. We're almost there, you ready?"

"Chase?" This time I'm the one to snort. "Is char like chasing after him or some shit-" I break off, verging on hysterical laughter, only sobering up when I catch sight of the house. "As ready as I'll ever be I guess." We pull up to the gates as they open, and we drive inside. Dixie parks the car and I step out, grabbing my bags as I go.

"You're going to be fine, I promise you. Everyone's really nice, and just remember that you don't have talk, you can sign if you want. Ready?" Dixie asks and I half nod in response, looking at the floor and playing with my fingers. Dixie reaches over and grabs my hand forcing me to look up at her. She smiles, "If it makes you feel any better me and Charli are both scared as well. Alright, let's do this."

We walk up the stairs to the front door and I look around in awe.

It's a really big house, I sign to Dixie and she laughs in agreement, opening the door.

"I'm back!" she yells and I take a deep breath before stepping in after her.

MAY SPEAKS
ayyyy it's here!

anyone else super
confused with all the
shit going on on straight
tiktok is that just lil old
gay me?

don't forget to vote and
comment, and see you in
the next chapter!!