Chapter 9

Dixie's POV

I grab Ivy's hand as we walk into In-N-Out and swing our hands between us, just like we used to do when we were younger. "I'm proud of you," I say, "You're doing great, even when you had a panic attack," I add quickly as I see her lift her hand up. She doesn't say anything, which I expected, but squeezes my hand tightly, saying thank you without using words.
"Hey, me and Addi saw a bit of your dancing earlier, I haven't seen you dance in ages, you were really good! Addison dances as well and she said something about you, her and Charli going to a studio. What would you think about that? When you feel ready to, of course."

That sounds fun! I think I'd like that, she signs and I grin. It makes me happy to see that she's already feeling slightly more confident and is open to these ideas. When she first met Kate and Gemma, Ivy had only just been adopted by us, and spent the entire time they were there hidden behind our parents.

We walk over to a table near everyone else. Ivy sits by the wall next to Charli, with Alex and Kouvr, and I sit on a table opposite with Addison, Nick and Ryland.

Ivy's POV

Walking in, I take in my surroundings. There's not that many people, other than workers and the people in the Hype House. I take a seat next to Charli, looking at the menu.

Char, what should I eat? I don't know what the food's like here.

Charli gasps and opens her mouth in mock horror. "Ivy Rose D'Amelio, are you saying that you've never had In-N-Out before? We clearly didn't raise you right, what kind of person has never had In-N-Out?"

I roll my eyes before replying. I'm British love, we have McDonalds or Burger King, that's pretty much it.

"Ugh the struggles of being British. Imagine not having any good fast food. You don't have Chipotle either."

Or Dunkin.

Charli nods in agreement. "Or Dunkin." I hide my smile in my hand and count down from three. "Wait, you don't have Dunkin!" There it is!

Charli, stop acting so surprised. England has like four Dunkin's, that's it. And before you ask, no they're not near where we live. You've been to England like loads, and have managed to survive before. We have Starbucks though.

Charli doesn't say anything, and just gags in response, causing Alex and Kouvr to look over at us. "You good there, Charli?" Alex asks, laughing, and it's only then that I realise how much he sounds like David Dobrik.

"No, I'm never going to England again!" she exclaims and I smack her arm.

Dramatic much?

"Why? I'm confused," Kouvr joins the conversation and I look at Charli for a response.

"England only has four," she holds up four fingers for effect, "four Dunkin Donuts! How am I meant to survive?"

Well, it's a good job that you're not coming to England any time soon then, isn't it.

"Oh shush. That's not important right now," Charli says, and I throw my hands up in despair.

Why do people keep telling me to stop talking? I literally haven't said a word since I got here, I sign, and as I finish, I pick up the napkin holder to clean a blob of water from the table. Whilst the metal is in my hand, my tics jolt it up and the block of metal hits me hard on the back of my head. I gasp and quickly grab where I hit in shock, trying to stop the tears from spilling from my eyes. It doesn't work, so I look down, putting my elbows on the table and keeping hold of my head.

"What just happened?" Alex asks, and I fight to keep myself from sobbing.

"Ivy has bad anxiety, which leads to anxiety tics, which leads to that happening. You ok, bubba?" she asks, and a sob erupts from my throat, giving Charli an answer. "Oh baby, come here." She rubs my head and pulls me into a hug, which I gladly accept.

After a short amount of time, I disentangle myself from the hug and slowly sit up, to be met with a lot of eyes on me.

"What happened Vee? You good?" Dixie asks and I nod as I dry my eyes.

I walloped my head with the napkin thing and it hurts like mad. I explain to her and Dixie's eyes widen in shock.

"Oh, honey, come here!" I gladly stand up and walk over to her table, still keeping hold of my head. Dixie is sat at the end of the table, and she pulls me in for a hug. Although Dixie's my sister, when our parents aren't here she kind of takes on the role of a mother, especially towards me. I surprisingly don't mind this, to go from having no mother at all to having a family that treats me as their own really means a lot, and you won't catch me complaining about much.

I watch as a girl, who looks maybe a year older than me, and her mother come over to the table Charli's sat at, asking for what I assume is a photo. Once they've taken the photo, the girl looks like she's about to come over to us, until Charli stops and pulls them into a conversation.

"Ivy, put this beanie on," Dixie shoves one into my hand, "and take your glasses off. Do it quickly, then I'll explain." Confused, I put the hat, and take my glasses off, squinting to try and make out my surroundings.

Why? I literally can't see anything, everything's a blur.

"The beanie should take attention away from you slightly, and the glasses are so that you don't fully look like yourself. We're trying to limit the chances of anything happening," Dixie explains, and I nod in response. "Ok, so do you want to go back over to Charli now? It should be fine, don't stress!"

AUTHOR SPEAKS!
im so excited for where
this is about to go !!
don't forget to vote,
comment and follow me
for updates, and ill see
you in the next chapter !!