Chapter 1

Mabel's POV:

Finally, after months of convincing my parents to let me back to Gravity Falls for the summer, they let me, in hope it would make me feel better.

I'm Mabel Pines, I'm 13, turning 14 this summer, and I've been through a lot. After loosing my brother to that dumb demon last year, I've not been the bubbly girl i used to be. I stay in my room most of the time, only really leaving for school or meals. I'm known as the girl who lost her brother, and at school people mostly avoid me after i lashed out on Jessica, the most popular girl at my school.. but i had a good reason too.

~Flashback~

Everyone had found out about my brothers death, not what had happened to him.. but that he was gone. I pulled on my black sweater and my black jeans, putting on my headband and grabbing my bag as I walked out the door to school, not bothering to say bye to my parents. I slung my bag over my shoulders as I reluctantly walked through the school gates, through the hallway and to my locker. I opened the locker and pulled his hat out of my bag and held it for a second, tracing my finger over the pine tree before carefully placing it in my locker. Suddenly, I was pulled back from my locker as someone slammed it shut. I looked up at Jessica, who was about a head taller than me. 

"Oh Mabel, what's wrong now" she snickered

"Nothing concerning you freak" I muttered, just loud enough for her to hear it.

She looked down on me and just laughed at me, as I glared back up at her.

"Mabel you just need to get over him, get over the fact that he is dead, Dipper is dead and there is nothing you can do about it!"

She said it.. She said his name! Nobody, not even I have mentioned this name since the incident! I could feel the anger bubbling inside of me, tears already spilling out of my eyes and onto my burning hot cheeks. I felt like I couldn't breathe, like my whole world was collapsing right here in front of me. I looked her up and down as she looked down on me, all smug. I knew what I had to do. For Dipper.

I suddenly grabbed her hair and bought her head down to my knee, where it made full contact with her nose. I then pulled her head back up, punching her in the jaw. People started gathering around to watch but I didn't care, I was giving her what she deserved. I kicked her as hard as I could in the stomach, causing her to fall onto her back. For once, she was looking up at me.

"M.. Mabel I'm sorry.. p..please stop" she spluttered out, blood dripping out her mouth.

I looked at her, then up at everyone else. They looked horrified, it's only the first week back at school and nobody expected me to come back like this.. I guess they were expecting the happy, bubbly Mabel that I used to be.

I started walking back towards Jessica, to finish what I had started, until 2 strong arms grabbed my shoulders, pulling me back. It was the headmaster, I knew I was in big trouble but it was for him. It was for my best friend, my best bro- bro.

I remember sitting in the headmasters office, waiting for my parents to turn up. That was when they decided to make me see a psychiatrist and take these dumb antidepressants, which only made me feel numb.

~End of Flashback~

For the rest of the year, everyone avoided me, even some teachers. My grades dropped but I couldn't tell if that was because I had nobody to copy off or if I just couldn't care less anymore. Nothing seemed important. 

I finished backing my bag, pulling his cap on my head and walking to the door with my bags. For once I smiled at my parents as the led me to the bus stop, thankful that they were letting me do this.

I gave each of my parents a small hug before I hopped on the bus, and walking to the same seats we would always sit on, each time we would take this bus anywhere. Finally, I was on my way back to Gravity Falls. Who knew what kind of fun adventures I could hopefully get myself into...

*Authors Note*
Hey Guys! Welcome to my first book! Iv'e never actually written before but I hope you guys will enjoy this story! Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!