Chapter 4

Stanleys POV:

I walked upstairs to Mabel's room to get her for dinner, but I couldn't hear any noise. I knocked on the door, asking to come in but I got no reply. I nocked again, and again but got no answer. I pushed the door open to see Mabel asleep in Dippers bed. Dipper. I never knew how much I would miss that kid, and Mabel clearly has had the worst reaction to his death.

I walked in and pulled the covers over her, not wanting to wake her just for dinner. Her parents had told me how tough this all way on here, and I know whats it's like to loose a twin. I didn't know if I would ever get Ford back but I'm ever so grateful I did. I'm just sad Mabel can't feel the same way too...

~Time skip~

I woke up to the sound of the Mystery Shack's alarm going off, either someone was trying to get out, or someone was trying to get in! I jumped up, grabbed my gun, and ran downstairs. Ford clearly had the same initial reaction as we both ran armed into the gift shop at the same time. The door was still fully locked and he stock was all neat, as Soos left it. I looked up at Ford as he opened his mouth to speak

"You don't think that could have been Mabel could it?" he asked, looking straight at me.

"The kid wouldn't try and run away would she? She wanted to be here" I huffed back at my brother. "Mabel wouldn't run away anyways I know her and she is not that type of kid"

"Well Stanley it's best if we check, see if she is okay?"

"Fine"

Me and Ford walked upstairs an quietly pushed Mabel's door open. I knew it. She was right as I left her, asleep, in Dipper's bed

"See poindexter, I told you, she is fine!"

"Fine, whatever"

"She would have no reason to trigger the alarm, I know my neice!" I replied smugly, knowing I took care of them most of the summer without his help.

"Dangit Stanley! She isn't the niece you knew last summer, she has lost her brother! The closest person too her! You now what it feels like, too loose a twin, don't you Stanley!" He sighed, getting louder and louder "But you got your twin back Stanley, she can't get Dipper back, he is dead Stanley and there is nothing you can do about it!"

I went silent.. I didn't know how to reply. He is right, Dipper can't come back, even if I tried my best to get him back, he couldn't.

"Stanford.. look I'm sorry, can we just talk about this somewhere else, some different time, not in the middle of the night" I yawned, hoping to go back to sleep some time soon. Stanford nodded in agreement.

I chuckled to myself. "You're lucky you didn't wake.."

Before I could finish my sentence I heard a deathly scream from behind me, from Dipper's bed, from Mabel.

Without a second thought, I ran over to Dipper's bed, pulling the sheets off to reveal Mabel, sitting with her knees to her chest, covering her ears and sobbing. I glared back at Ford who clearly had no idea what was going on, and to be honest, neither did I. I sat on the bed beside her and pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back in small circles and trying to calm the poor kid down.

It took a while for me to get her to stop crying, but she finally did, and fell asleep. I looked over at the clock in her room. 4:57. I picked Mabel up, and took her to her own bed. I puller the covers over her, and placed Dipper's hat on the table next to her bed.

"Goodnight pumpkin" I said, even though she couldn't hear me, as I walked out the room.

I layed awake most the night, wondering what could have made Mabel act like she did. Her mum had told me a list of things that could potentially 'trigger' her before she had arrived. I flicked open the piece of paper that I wrote them down on (come on I'm an old man I was bound to forget) and started reading through.

The list left me with two possibilities, her nightmares or saying Dipper's name. If she was asleep like we thought, than it must of been her nightmares, but if she was awake, she could have heard what Ford said about him

"She can't get Dipper back, he is dead Stanley and there is nothing you can do about it!"

*Authors note*

Ooh, little does Stanley know both nightmares and Dipper's name were messing with herrrrrrrrrrrrr eek.

Remember, reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!"