4

"Where is your daddy at?" Seokjin questioned the sleeping baby in the stroller next to him. Looking at his watch he sighed. He looked around his leg bouncing in anticipation. They were sat in a park against a wall so he wouldn't have to always be checking behind him. The orange street lights lit the side walks and parking lots. The air was slighty thick, no wind, not even a slight breeze. It neared closer and closer to 9:00pm the time seokjin was supposed to leave with or without Hoseok. "Come on 15 more minutes." Just as he said that a gunshot was heard in the distance. He had a bad feeling like he should leave right then but decided against it. "I can wait 11 more minutes, its fine." He spoke to the baby again out of nervousness.

Tire screeches filled the air in the distance a van swirved into the parking lot. He knew that van. The van they used for hunting prisoners specifically used to transport the dogs. Quickly seokjin jumped
up his breath quickened. as quiet as he could he unbuckled Jinwoo holding him to his chest making sure he wouldn't wake. Luckily there were no lights where they were. Walking sideways against the wall he made it to the corner where there was an opening at the bottom corner of the chain linked fence. Lifting it up he crouched still cradling the boy with the diaper bag over his shoulder. Having to crawl on his hand and knees he slid through the opening. The sound of dog growling and barking were getting louder. He had to go. He tried to run but was brought back down to his knees barely managing to catch himself with his one free hand the bag fell off his shoulder. The jolt woke the sleeping baby who began to cry. Panic engulfing his body. He was stuck. Jinwoo was sure to give them away. With all his might he pulled his pants leg free from the fence, hearing the fabric rip. Grabbing the bag he ran just as the dogs came into view. The warm air rushed against his face as he ran holding the still crying baby. Behind him he heard the fence moving then the barking of a dog following him.

His legs worked faster, faster than he had ever ran in his life after all this is a matter of life or death. He was in a quiet neighborhood no one was out just him and his chasers. His legs and lungs burned. He came to a fourway street he had to decide which way to turn in the time it took to reach the street. Picking the safest option he ran straight across the road.

A car honking echoed through the empty road as it screeched to a stop the sound of the windshield cracking alerted seokjin of what had happened.

He turned around to see the dog that was chasing him laying in the middle of the street. the driver got out to check on the dog not noticing Seokjin running away or even the crying baby. He slowed down but he couldn't stop. They still weren't safe. He turned down multiple streets not having any idea of where he was going. He had finally gotten Jinwoo to be quiet. He looked at his watch '9:10pm' finally he stopped leaning against a brick wall he gasped in air trying to regulate his breathing his hands were shaking his limbs felt heavy. His vision was blurry.

Then again he heard the tire screeches. No matter how much he wanted to give up and stop running he couldn't. He made a promise to Hoseok. He began to jog down the sidewalk away from the sound of the van. Turning left a man came into view he was in a tracksuit going out for a run. Seokjin picked up speed and rushed to the male.

"Pl-please help me." He rasped out pulling the man's hoodie making him turn around. The man had a concerned look seeing the panicked sweating man holding a baby. Right then the van turned onto the street. In a split second Seokjin pulled the man onto him slamming their lips together. Both awkwardly staring at each other with wide eyes. The van roared right past them then was gone down another street. Still with their lips locked seokjin blinked and slowly parted their lips. "Thank you." He whispered and pushed the baby into the strangers arms just as his eyes rolled back and he collapsed.