Chapter 8

He didn't know when he'd fallen asleep but he knew that he was dreaming. It started as any other dream would. Usually that's the part he would forget the moment he woke up. Right now was no different. He immediately began to forget it as his dream scape started to change. He found himself standing in a dark void place.

"Wow, you have very weird dreams." A voice said from behind him.

Turning, he watched as his brother materialised into the dream.

"How are you in my dream?" Mic asked curiously.

"It's one of the many things I seem to be able to do. The dream scape is an extension of a person's mind and psych and I am able to access every part of it. Including dreams." Michael replied. "In other words, this is a dream but it doesn't mean it isn't real. Come with me."

Mic watched as a door materialised next to Michael. There were a lot of questions he wanted to ask but he had a feeling that he would get them here. Taking a deep breath, he followed his twin through the door.

******************************

**Flashback**

"Are we there yet?" Little Mic asked as he fiddled with his seatbelt.

"Not yet, muffin. But don't you worry. We'll be there in no time." Came a lovely feminine voice.

She turned to face him. Her dark hair was pulled back in a ponytail and her green eyes were twinkling. Her smile faltered as she looked at her other son.

"Mike, honey, what's wrong?" She asked in a concerned voice.

"I don't feel well." Little Michael replied.

He was pale. Reaching out, his mother placed her palm on his forehead.

"Oh, honey, he's burning up!" She exclaimed to her husband.

They immediately started talking. The more they talked, the more the headache that little Michael was experiencing intensified. It felt so bad he though he would puke. Clutching his head with both hands, he wished they would all be quiet. He felt a gentle tap on his shoulder. He opened his eyes just a little bit to face his twin.

"Mike?" Little Mic said to him in concern.

He could tell there was something wrong. He could feel it deep down. His twin was in a lot of pain and he didn't know how to help.

"Don't worry, muffin. We're heading straight to the doctor now. Hang in there sweetheart." The mother said gently.

And yet it felt as if she'd said a thousand different things so loudly. He was hearing many voices at the same time and it was all overwhelming.

I hope he's okay.

I don't get it, the kid was okay five minutes ago.

Oh my poor baby.

What the hell is happening.

There were other voices too. Voices he didn't recognise but that were as loud as the voices he knew. And it suddenly became too much.

He cried out in pain. He just wanted it to stop. He never meant to hurt anyone. One moment, he had his eyes closed, clutching his head. The next moment, opening his eyes he found the entire world upside down. There was glass everywhere. And blood. Blood everywhere.

The paramedics had arrived minutes after. They'd quickly rushed everyone to the hospital. They say it was a miracle that he had walked out of without a scratch. Both boys had walked out unhurt but the younger twin had had some scratches and bruises. Michael had none. The doctors had doubted that he'd been in the same car. Unfortunately, not everyone had walked out unscathed. Their father had sustained some damage and broken bones. Their mother had been seriously injured. The doctors had tried to save her but it had been futile. She was gone by sunrise.