Chapter 10

He had found himself a quiet spot to sit. Away from everyone. It was all he needed. Peace and quiet. Maybe then he could finally process what was happening. Together with everything else that had happened. Those feelings and emotions he had kept in cheque threatened to choke him.
Did my father lie to me for the last twelve years? He asked himself. It didn't make sense to him.

For the last twelve years he'd believed his brother had died. There'd been a funeral even. Naturally he had been prevented from doing a body viewing before the funeral. All this time he'd believed that his father had wanted to minimize the emotional trauma it would have given him. But Michael was also his son. Surely his father would have been called to see Michael's body before the funeral. That means he had known the whole time that the whole thing was a flux.

So then why had he lied to him? None of it made sense. He felt conflicted.

"Hey." A voice said from behind him.

Turning, he saw that it was Lily. He did not see her approach but it was quite befitting seeing as he'd been lost in thought.

"Hey, Lily." He said to her with a half hearted smile.

"How are you doing?" She asked as she seats down next to him.

"Honestly, I don't even know." He said with a sigh.

He stared at the horizon. The sun was moving towards the western horizon so he figured it was getting pretty late.

"I can't imagine what you're going through." She said with a low voice.

He pursed his lips. There really was nothing he could say to express the emotional stress he was going through. Somewhere between anger, resentment, excitement and sadness.

"Have you talked to him?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"A little." He replied.

Though he couldn't really call it talking. It was more like a recap of memories that had been taken from him. Talking? That's something the two of them are still yet to do.

"I take it you still have questions after that." She said with a knowing smile.

"Huh, you know me so well." He replied with a grin.

She laughed at him.

"Of course, idiot. You're my best friend." She said whilst poking him in the tummy.

Smiling, he shook his head at her.

"We better get dinner ready." He said to her.

"Oh yeah, I should warn you about that. I'm a terrible cook. All I know how to do is bacon and eggs which is all we eat at home when it's my turn to cook." She said.

She burst into laughter when she saw the cute stink eye that Mic gave her.

"Don't look at me like that." She said in between fits of laughter. "I'm being honest. If it bothers you that much you can teach me how to cook."

"What makes you think I know how to cook?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Because anyone who complains about eating bacon and eggs for dinner knows how to make something else." She repliesy with a smirk.

"What are you talking about? I only know how to make Mac and - never mind." He said, turning away.

This made her laugh even harder at him.

"Fine then. I'll teach you how to make Mac and cheese." He said as he gets up. "Come on."

He quickly helped her up and they headed back to the house. Except someone was already making dinner.