Cookies and Dancing

"I already thawed the cookie dough. Now we just need to get the pan out and stuff.", she gave me an apron and a chef toque. "Here.", she said. "Uh, thanks", I said while putting both on. "I have another pair somewhere.", she said while looking for them. "Ah, here!" She wore the toque and turned around, grinning. "Bonjour. Oui oui" We both started giggling. I pulled out the tray and sprayed it with cooking spray. "So, Rosy.", Claire said, "Tell me about yourself. I wanna know more." "Okay, um.", I began. "I was born in Missouri, moved to Tennessee when I was 9 then moved to New York when I turned 16." "Three states? That's cool.", she said. "Yeah, but it wasn't fun moving around." "And why is that?", she asked.

"School. I couldn't make any friends.", I laughed, "During 4th grade, my friends had to come to me. Every recess, I would just sit down on the bench and look at the trees." I rolled the cookie dough into a ball and placed it on the tray. "Oh.", she said. "I'm sorry if I made this awkward.", I apologized. "Oh no! No, no it's fine.", she replied. "What about crushes?", Claire asked. I stopped and just looked at her. Crushes? "What do you mean?", I questioned. "You know. People you like. Who do you like or who did you like during school and stuff." We both turned red. "Well, I liked this dude named Alex in 6th grade.", I lied. Her hand turned into a fist. "What was he like?", she mumbled. "He was nice. He was also very smart too." "That's good. Anyone else?", Claire said while making direct eye contact. Her eyes began glowing. Her eyes reminded me of the deep blue ocean and healthy trees. "I-uh. No, not really.", I stuttered. 

"So, you had one crush during your whole entire life?!", Claire blurted. "Yeah, pretty much.", I answered. It went quiet for a few seconds. Then, Claire slowing began speaking. "Okay, the cookies are all rolled up in a ball. I'll just put it in the oven now." "I'm so excited to eat them!", I said in a childish voice. "Yep, me too.", Claire grunted. She sighed and turned back around. "Rosy.", she said. "Yes?" ".....Do you wanna dance?", she asked.  My heart dropped. "Dance?" "Yeah. The kitchens pretty big. We can dance here", she smiled. "Then okay!", I agreed. "Hey, Alexa! Play Flirting in Space by Brad stank.", she yelled. The song slowly started playing. "Give me your hand.", she commanded. I gave her my hand and she placed both on her waist. My face turned bright red. "Now, I'll put my hands around your neck." Her warm hands touched my neck, her face got closer to mine. "Let's start.", she whispered in my ear.

Flirtin' in space
Flirtin' in space
Take me out of the game

As we slowly started swaying to the beat, my breathing got more and more intense. I was so close to her pretty face, I thought. "Twirl me around.", she smirked. I twirled her around and her toque fell off her head. I let go of her waist and caught the hat. We both started giggling. "Nice catch.", she said. "Thanks." She placed her head on my shoulder and we continued swaying our bodies. It went quiet for a few seconds, then Claire finally spoke. "So your crush was a boy?" "Yeah.", I answered. "Well. Do you like...girls?", she asked. I quietly gasped. "Um- I don't...I don't know." "I can show you what it's like....kissing a girl.", she whispered. No way this is happening, I thought to myself. My hands tightly held around her waist. "Show me."

Her hands slowly were placed on my cheeks. We got closer and closer until our lips touched. As I followed her lip movements, a small moan escaped from her. It was such a dream kissing her. Her hands on my neck, my hands still tightly holding on to her waist. Our lips slowly went apart. "How was that?", Claire blushed. "That was amazing, I want more.", I spat out. "You're all of a sudden...horny for me, Rosy?" I let go of her waist and covered my face, embarrassed. "Not horny but...I-I don't know, Claire. Something about you is just so perfect to me." She started laughing, "Damn, Rosy. It was only one kiss! And I was just showing you what it feels like kissing a girl. We're not dating." "I never said tha-", the oven interrupted me. BEEEP BEEEEEPPPP! "Ah! The cookies are done!", she screamed.

"Yay.", I sighed. She pulled out the tray and out came fresh cookies. "Ooh, they smell so good!", she said excitedly. "Here.", she said to me, "Here's a cookie!" "Thanks.", I said depressingly. I took the cookie and slowly ate it. It did taste really good. Claire noticed my stupid depressing face and held my hand. "Rosy? Did I upset you?", she asked. "No.", I lied. "I'm gonna go home now. It's getting late." "No! Don't go!", Claire begged. I looked at her, confused.  "Let's have a sleepover!", she smiled. "Thanks but I would rather go home." She grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me closer. "Sleepover at my house, please?" I hesitated, "Fine." "Yayyyy!", she squealed. "It's gonna be the best sleepover everrrr!" "How so?", I asked. "You'll see..", Claire smirked.