Sleepover at Claire's

"You want some clothes?", Claire asked me. "Yeah, if it's okay with you." "Of course it is.", she smiled. She gave me one of her t-shirts and a hoodie with some sweatpants. "Thanks.", I said. I looked at her uncomfortably. "Should I...change in the bathroom or?" "Either is fine!", she replied. "Oh, okay, I'll just change here cause it's easier." As I was about to unbutton my shirt, my breath got tensed. She was looking! But it's stupid if I tell her to turn around, I thought to myself, we're both girls, it doesn't matter. "You want me to help you?", she asked. "What?", I said puzzled. "I mean, the buttons are on your back, it'll be hard without help.", she replied while nervously looking down. I started laughing, "Claire! You look like Debby Ryan doing that." She looked back up and tucked her hair behind her ear, "I'm Radio Rebel."

We started giggling for a while but then we got back on track. "So, do you need help?", Claire asked impatiently. "Oh, um...sure." Her hands reached my waist and slowly went up, touching my skin. She started unbuttoning my shirt. When my shirt was completely off, she hugged me from behind. I gasped. Her tender hands touching my body made my skin tingle, goosebumps formed. I felt like I should've stopped her, but I didn't want her to. I wanted her to keep going, keep touching my fragile skin, I wante- I NEEDED her hands to go lower and lower until-. "Want a new bra?", she whispered. "No!", I yelled. She laughed, "Just kidding, Rosy!"

"Sooo..", she jumped on her bed. "Wanna watch a movie?" "Ehh..later, I kinda wanna listen to some music right now. I wanna vibe.", I answered. "Okay. Hey, Alexa, play-" I accidentally interrupted her without noticing, "How many Alexas do you have?" "Shhh!" "Sorry.", I apologized. "Hey, Alexa. Play Seven by Men I Trust." I smiled, "Hey, I love that song!" She was bobbing her head to the beat. She turned towards me, "Come on, vibe with me!" I slowly start bobbing my head too.

In the shadows he saw four eyes, lit by fire

I stood up and grabbed her hand. "Dance with me!" "Again?", she asked. "Last time was a slow dance!" She agreed to dance and stood up. I twirled her around like last time and we started dancing. "Come on, girl!", I said to Claire. "Don't look so sloppy when you dance to this song!" She laughed, "Okay, fine!" 

He saw them, they saw him
But everyone just kept on going

I screamed the lyrics, "HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO BED!" After a few minutes of dancing, I looked at the time. "11:40? Already?! We should probably watch the movie now." "Shall we watch a horror movie?", she grinned. I gulped, "H-horror movie? But it's almost midnight." "Exactly!", she laughed. She touched my cheeks, "What's wrong? Awww, it's Rosy a scaredy-cat?" I pushed her away, "I'm not a scaredy-cat!", I pouted. "You know what, fine! Let's watch a horror movie and you'll see I'm not scared. In fact, you'll be the one whos actually scared!" She went up into my ear and whispered, "Bet. Let's watch.....Midsommar." "WHAT? I HEARD THAT MOVIE WAS REALLY DISTURBING!" She pulled me closer to her, "So you're too....scared to watch it?"

We watched the movie and Claire was actually the one who was scared. She hugged me tighter and tighter as we saw disturbing scenes. "Don't look.", I whispered to her as the man was about to discover an opened dead body. It's so cute when she's scared, I thought. Her head on my chest, her hands still giving me a tight hug. It felt like I couldn't breathe, but it was okay. Why did I feel like this? The smallest things she does to me, I get butterflies in my stomach. Was this...love..no..yes..no..yes? Ahhh! This is so difficult! Love is so difficult! "Is it over?", Claire softly asked. "Yeah, don't worry.", I answered. Her head faced the TV screen. "I guess I'm the scaredy-cat...after all.", she sighed. "Yep!", I laughed.

After the movie, I grabbed the remote and turned the television off. "It's almost two, let's go to bed.", I said to Claire. "Mhmm..fine." She was still in her position, her head on my chest, and her hands tightly around me. When she was about to move into her side of the bed, I grabbed her arm. "Stay here.", I whispered. "Okay.", she replied. It felt so good and comfortable with her. I played with her hair until I fell asleep. My eyes slowly began to close until-

Ringgggggg...

I quickly opened my eyes. Claire looked up. "It's your phone.", she mumbled. I grabbed my phone. "Hello?" "Hello! This is David Reys!" I gasped and got up, accidentally pushing Claire's head down. "Ow.", she whispered. "I am very excited to tell you that you, Rosy Marzolle, that you..got..the...job!" "No way!", I said. "But how? It's not even the 15th yet." "We decided to cut it short because no one was better than you.", David replied. "So,", he continued, "Starting next Monday, you'll be working, I'll send the address to the studio." "That's great!", I smiled. "But, why did you call me at 2:00?" "We just wanted to tell you now because we were just too excited. Now, have a good night!" He hung up.

I turned around and poked Claire. "Claire, Claire, Claire!", I said. "What?", she mumbled. "I got the job!", I said excitedly. She slowly got up and fixed her hair. "Man, that's a bummer." My eyes widened. Why was she disappointed? "Why is it a bummer?", I asked angrily. She sighed, "I sorta had a liking in you. But, now that we work together..we can't...you know." I dropped my phone. So she does like me! But's it's ruined because I got the job. "Says who?", I yelled. "Mike Ahern, my manager. And, why do you care? It's not like you like me or something.", she scoffed. I pulled her towards me, putting both our lips together. Her lips were softer than before. I wanted to just kiss her forever. 10 seconds later of making out, I slowly pulled apart. "I'm gonna find a way. Mike doesn't scare me." Claire smirked, "You better."