08

❝ ... those eyes, just now, they looked familiar... ❞

headline: "UMA SPOTTED?"

feat. people staring at you from below with cameras flashing

“... this should be all...”

you mumbled as you checked the paper bags.

you were all currently staying at a hotel in japan, since xanxus said he had some kind of business with the mafia (more like: “we're leaving to japan, the piece of shit needs us”).

after rechecking the things you bought, you immediately flew over to the hotel while humming a happy tune. you descended from the sky gently without a noise and immediately entered, stopping to press on the elevator button.

stepping aside, you waited for the door to open and it did (“ow, xanxus really haven't changed at all...” “and so did squalo!” “are you sure about this, tenth? that bastard tried to shoot you!”).

you looked up to a noisy bunch... and met a pair of familiar charcoal eyes.

“..?”

you averted your stare and quickly stepped into the elevator, feeling a burning gaze on your form. “... those eyes... just now...” you closed your eyes and sighed, “they... looked familiar.”

“i guess living for so long had made me forget some people... i hope they wouldn't misunderstand though...”

the elevator made a sound as you stepped in to the top floor, a special and private floor only for varia.

“i'm back, everyone.” you greeted them with a smile. levi rushed to help you with the paper bags as you thanked him. “princess, did you buy me my sushi from that bar?” belphegor snickered as you nodded, “hmn...”

you went to mammon and smiled, “mammon, here's your chocolate.” he (or she ;-; idk) gave you a nod, which you assumed was his way of thanking, you giggled.

“y/n dear? is something wrong?” you turned to lussuria and blinked, before looking away and shaking with a smile,

“no, everything is fine, mama luss...”

“that presence just now...”

he tilted his hat down, lips forming a straight, firm line. “hm? reborn, did you say something?” tsunayoshi asked, staring at the infant from the corner of his eyes.

reborn chuckled, mumbling, “hmm.. what is she doing here...”

“reborn?” tsunayoshi called as they all stopped, staring at the (rarely) dazed arcobaleno. “no–good tsuna, what are you gonna do now that xanxus refused your deal?” reborn kicked his face and hopped over to yamamoto's shoulder.

“r– right! what should i do?!”