Dinner

Kaminari X Shinso
Fluff

Kaminari had always been pretty bad at cooking but this was just tragic. He just wanted to make a nice meal for his boyfriend and he had completely messed it up in every way possible. Why was it so salty? Kaminari didn't even remember putting salt in?! He sighed, weighing up his options. He couldn't serve the slop that he had created and there wasn't enough food left over to start a new meal. He also hadn't set the table and he still needed to shower and get dressed and - oh god! Kaminari began to feel overwhelmed, his boyfriend would be home in an hour and there was no way he'd be ready in time.

Kaminari took a deep breath and dialed the one person he knew who could help.

"Hey Kaminari, what's up man?"

"Kirishima, I messed up" Kaminari whined.

"What do you mean? What's going on?"

"I-i just wanted to make it nice for him" Kaminari said, his voice breaking slightly. Things had been really rough for his partner lately and Kaminari just wanted to help in his own small way.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm sure whatever it is we can help, what happened?"

"I was making Hitoshi a meal and messed it up. He's gonna be home in an hour and I just wanted to make it special for him. You know how hard things have been for him lately, with  work and all and I just wanted to help, but I've messed it all up" Kaminari let out a small sob as a tear made it's way down his face. Why couldn't he do anything right?!

"We're coming over" Kirishima simply stated before hanging up.

A few seconds later there was a knock at the door, Kaminari quickly wiped away the tears that were sat on his cheeks and made his way over to the door.
He was met with the familiar faces of his neighbours and lifelong friends Kirishima and Bakugou.

"Oh Kami" Kirishima pouted before throwing his arms around the blonde. Kaminari placed his arms around Kirishima returning the hug as another tear fell.

"How bad is it?" Kirishima asked, giving Kaminari a sad smile as he pulled away from the hug.

"See for yourself" Kaminari sighed, signaling for the boys to come in.

"Jesus dunce face, you ever heard of cleaning up as you go along?" Bakugou teased, earning him a slap on the arm from his fiancé.

"Stop!" Kirishima hissed "It's fine Kaminari, we'll clean this up and sort out some food. You go and shower, sort yourself out and meet us back out here after".

"But I don't have any food-" Kaminari started just to be interrupted.

"We've got it sorted, just go" Kirishima pushed, steering Kaminari towards the bathroom down the hall. Before Kaminari could ask any questions Kirishima had already started to make his way back down the hallway.

"Hey, Kiri-"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you"

Kirishima nodded with a smile before leaving back toward the kitchen. Kaminari felt so lucky to have friends as great as those two. Friends that would drop everything in a second just to help him out. And even though Bakugou didn't show it in quite the same way as Kirishima, Kaminari knew that he cared. He wouldn't be here if he didn't.

Kaminari turned on the shower, letting it warm up. He looked into the mirror and saw just how red his eyes were. He must have cried more than he realised. He quickly turned from the mirror and started to get undressed, he didn't have time to worry about how red his eyes were right now. He made quick work of the shower, making sure to use Hitoshi's favourite body wash and switched over to his room to get dressed.