Kaminari

Kaminari fell to his bed and let the tears fall. He'd had a really rough couple of weeks, he'd failed yet another test and was ranking as the lowest in the class. Aizawa had a talk with him, saying that if his grades didn't improve then he could face a possible expulsion.

A lot of people assumed that Kaminari was just a slacker, that he didn't try. But that was far from the truth. Kaminari would spend hours upon hours trying to keep up. He would stay up most nights, sometimes until the early hours of the morning just so he could understand the material. He knew all nighters weren't a good idea and he found himself falling asleep in class most days, unable to stay awake.

Kirishima noticed that Kaminari had been falling asleep a lot more in class lately. It started off just maybe once or twice a week but now it was most days. He was worried about his friend, he knew that his grades weren't the best, hell Kirishima's weren't the best either. But Kaminari's were considerably worse. He knew that Aizawa had spoken to Kaminari about something but he wouldn't tell him what. Kirishima had assumed it was about his grades, what else could is possibly be about that Kaminari wouldn't wanna share? That was another thing, if he was struggling so bad why wouldn't he just ask for help. He had to know that his friends wouldn't judge him for it, right...?

Kaminari buried his head into his pillow as the tears came faster. He couldn't do this anymore, he was exhausted. He stayed up late every night this week after his talk with Aizawa and he was still failing. Today was English and Kaminari had stayed up late the night before ramming the information into his brain, repeating it over and over again until he could remember. But for some reason during the test, his mind just went blank. He forgot the spelling on a lot of words, he kept getting past and present tense mixed up and his grammar was all over the place. He wasn't surprised when his test came back a D. What made it worse was that all his friends were passing. It's not that Kaminari wanted his friends to fail, no of course not. It just made the fact that he was failing even worse. Kirishima had gotten a high scoring C and when he had asked Kaminari what he had gotten he shoved his test into his bag and lied saying he'd gotten a C. Both boys knew Kaminari was lying but he was too ashamed in admitting he'd just barley got a D. Kirishima smiled at the blonde and nodded. He knew it wasn't right to call Kaminari out right there and then in front of everyone. So he decided to speak to him privately about it later.

Kaminari's head shot up from his pillow as he heard a knock at his door. He froze, hoping that whoever it was would just leave eventually.

"Kaminari, it's me" Kirishima spoke "Kaminari c'mon man, I know you're in there, open up..."

Kaminari wiped at his eyes desperately in hopes that Kirishima wouldn't notice that he'd be crying but of course he did.

"Hey Kirishima, what brings you here?" Kaminari smiled.

Kirishima just sighed, seeing straight through his friends fake smile "Can I come in?"

"Erm, sure"

Kaminari moved aside letting Kirishima enter the room before he closed the door behind him. When Kaminari had made his way back into his room Kirishima was hovering around his desk.

"Is everything okay?"

Kirishima bit his lip. He didn't know what to say, it was obvious that Kaminari didn't want to talk about his grades but he couldn't just pretend like he didn't know anything. Kami was struggling and Kirishima knew it, what kind of friend would he be if he just let his friend carry on struggling alone?

"I've been noticing that you've been falling asleep a lot more in class lately and I just wanted to make sure that everything was okay?"

Kaminari froze, he knew didn't he? Of course he did, there was no hiding something like this from Kirishima. Sure, he might not be the smartest one in the class but he was sure as hell when it came to reading people. Kirishima was always noticing small changes with his classmates, things that would never even occur to Kaminari. Never the less, he still chose to lie.